Are Title & Escrow Companies Allowing In Office Signings?

Has anyone heard signing are going to return to in office? If so when?

Is your area allowing in office signings?

As a new signing agent I feel blessed to have so many opportunities to take on assignments. And I have no prospective as to the effect of title and escrow companies not allowing signings in their offices, at least at this time in my area (Santa Cruz County). It seems to really be increasing the amount of available assignments. Your perspective would be appreciated.

Stay safe out there.

Hey hey! Howdy! I’m in SCruz, too. Only company that’s allowed (asked) me in was one in a little blue house in Watsonville. I’ve forgotten the company right now. Stay safe out there!

1 Like

Hey there! I am in San Benito County, close to Monterey County. I am a new signing agent and I had a question regarding your post. When you say in office assignments does that mean the title company would have signings at there office with people they contact primarily for there jobs? If so, does that means once everything opens again there will be less job assignment requests through snapdocs for our areas? Sorry for so many questions just trying to wrap my head around how to use snapdocs and if our area is already too saturated with NSA’s.

Thank you for your help!

Angelina

Some of the title companies allow in house signing, I believe. I have worked with First American Title (in-house signing) in the past. They even printed out the borrower’s loan docs and a copy for them.

Sorry for late reply. Have not been checking in much. By in office I meant that the traditional way signings were done were in the escrow office and escrow officers would act as the notary as well. Or on occasion someone else would meet with signer and escrow officer and notarize docs. But with all that is going on escrow offices are still closed. And mobile notaries are virtually the only option for escrow to get docs notarized. My concern that if offices reopen and return to previous practices that mobile notary demand would be reduced. So far that has not materialized. And perhaps will not. Perhaps this change is a permanent shift in the way docs will be notarized going forward. I am hoping others with information may share their opinion on the way the future of escrow notarizations will be done.

One of the largest Title co’s in the Ft. Lauderdale area is doing regular closings. I hope this trend doesn’t catch on.

Agreed. It will be interesting to see how different companies and states handle this evolving situation. Do you know if they are nation wide or just there in that region?