Best Signing Companies

I agree. I often get signings from Signature Closers. They’re great to work with.

4 Likes

I did one debt signing and never again. They wanted me say I read a script which was never provided .I reached back out to the borrower to let them know that they will send another notary… Needless to say the company wanted to report me to the FCC and to Snapdocs to ban me. This is the short version/

1 Like

Thank you, I am reading through their introductory Flipbook right now. It contains some great information!

1 Like

Loyalty nor appreciation for quality work does not exist in this business, as you have just found out. With too many notaries (not all of them newbs) who have never bothered to ‘do the math’ and are just thrilled when that $80 check arrives… this will continue…UNLESS…we start saying No to Low. Just turned down a $250 fee from Timios (after saying ‘unavailable’)–who also began at $80. Point being: When they’re desperate, they pay. Our obvious course of action is: make 'em desperate by saying NO to LOW!

7 Likes

should check them out.

2 Likes

Best Advice! :partying_face::love_letter: Do the math yourself to encompass your actual expenses within your own region . . .

Here is a guideline for those new to this business sector that is quite helpful to create an individualized List of Fees for professional services provided in our industry . . .

NOTE: Current IRS mileage rate is = 65.5 cents/mile

It would be in your best interest to jot down all of the expenses associated with performing the services you provide within your service region to determine a baseline operating cost. Then, at that point, you can calculate the fees that will generate a net profit to determine if you’ll have a Profit or sustain a Loss at that rate.

There are many items to consider within your Overhead calculations. Here are a few to get you started:
• telephone expenses including cell phone equipment and monthly service fees
• office equipment and furniture; i.e., work chair, work desk, reliable dual-tray printer, trustworthy scanner, etc.
• Notarial stamps for Jurats, Acknowledgements, Notarial Name, Commission Expiration, etc.
• rent and utilities
• paper
• toner
• binder clips
• pens (inexpensive for one-time use)
• stationery and supplies including stamps & envelopes
• travel costs to & from signer locations (i.e., create a generic by county list)
• travel costs to & from FedEx/UPS/USPS, etc. (i.e., choose your favorite location OR the closest that will provide you with a receipt)
• business insurance
• business-related meals and entertainment
• professional association memberships
• annual background checks
• annual certification expenses
• legal and accounting fees
• tax preparation fees
• advertising and marketing costs; i.e., Google ads, yellow pages ad, website, business cards, or brochure
• Protection equipment; i.e., COVID-19 masks, hand sanitizer, wipes, etc.

AND many more!

Your individual overhead would also include the cost of fringe benefits; i.e., medical insurance, disability insurance, retirement benefits. Also, remember to include quarterly income tax payment to federal & state (as appropriate) and self-employment taxes.

======
If calculating all this accurately seems to be a bit overwhelming, reach out to your tax advisor and ask for guidance in this regard. :sparkles::yellow_heart:

======
Also, there is an excellent specific cost breakdown by one business owner for services within her [ @anon78047977 ] region & for her overhead:

"Ok for a seasoned already in business Signing Agent (meaning no start up costs to factor in, just on going costs)

Average Refinance

• 150 pages (300 when having to print 2 copies)
  • 35 miles average miles to signing/from signing/to FedEx drop
  • Print cost average .15 per page (Laser printer, standard paper. Note this is also the cost at Staples, FedEx Office in the area BUT I have actually calculated my real costs by dividing the number of pages I get from a toner kit, my drum kit, cost of paper etc. but I use this average of .15 because there are Notaries around who actually use outside printing)
  • IRS mileage .56 per mile [current rate is .655] (you can use actual costs of gas, insurance, plus maintenance costs. I will use the IRS rate because it’s a good average and I also have Tolls I have to pay which I will not add in this example. Also later I kind of use this amount as a “catch all” for other expenses. Again, I have determined my “actual” costs and the averages I use are pretty spot on.)
  • 2.25 hours an average total time spent which includes, confirming appt & reviewing instructions, printing/prepping docs, travel time to/from/to FedEx, signing/notarizing docs, scan back
  • Costs that people usually do not take into consideration because it’s part of their household BUT they are costs of running a business (home office expenses - internet, electric, computer, phone, supplies, etc.) Remember every business has similar expenses

So here we go…let’s look at average total for this signing:
$45 print costs
$19.60 mileage rate (So this number is based on IRS mileage rate. I use this number as a catch all to give me an estimate of my actual costs (gas, toll, %of annual maintenance, %of insurance and a % of home office costs, %of supplies, etc. Since I know my % for every business expenses, I already know this number is pretty close to my actual costs. For example my actual costs for this signing would be around $21)

It will cost me $64.60 for a 150 page refinance order. With no issues, no traffic, no reprints, no problems

If I took a $75 signing fee I would net $10.40
I would net roughly $4.62 per hour for a signing that took up 2.25 hours of my time.

$95 I would net $30.40 or $13.51 per hour
$125 I would net $60.40 or $26.84 per hour
$150 I would net $85.40 or $37.96 per hour

So when I advocate for SAs and fees I am not just coming up with number off the top of my head. I have done the math for myself personally."

SOURCE: Signing Agent Fee is Just Not a Notary Fee - #38 by anon78047977

:swan:

5 Likes

One comment I keep hearing is someone telling other people to except a certain fee its none of our business what a person agrees to.

1 Like

Did you send an invoice?

1 Like

True, but I doubt most who accept low fees have ever actually figured out their costs.

6 Likes

@Arichter Concur :100:percent​:exclamation:

Because . . . if they calculated their costs, they could easily avoid operating in the red/negative income.

===>>> If those new to this business sector would take a few minutes to calculate a rough guesstimate of their ongoing costs to provide these services for each file, it’ll be a BREEZE to determine whether to say ‘Yes, Please!’/‘No, Thank You’ to a Signing Order [SO] offer . . .

As you’ve expressed on multiple occasions, once a Professional Signing Agent [PSA] places them into the low fee category, they’ll find it quite difficult/if not impossible top escape the bottom of the barrel fees.

1 Like

I have had great experiences with Notary Cloud over the last 5 years. I have never received payment beyond Net30 which is fine with me. It’s great advice to tell others to have good attitudes and confidence in their business.

4 Likes

Thank you for sharing this information

1 Like

Hi …just wondering if they are strictly west coast…ty.

1 Like

Anybody work with NB Notaries??

1 Like

@lindaa I see you’ve been a Notary Cafe member for a while . . . did you perchance perform a Search of the GOLDMINE database within the Notary Cafe forum threads?

There are several that do WARN about non-payment/slow payment. Here is the direct url to a page listing the above-referenced threads:

Search results for 'NB Notaries' - Notary Cafe Forums

======

It’s always wise to research & vet a new client prior to providing a definitive confirmation to them for your initial Signing Order for them. A great start of research would begin within the Notary Cafe forums Search Function.

Most members find it difficult/nearly impossible to locate the Search Function in order to access the wealth of info available within the database.

To be helpful, I’ve inserted an image for you & others [see below] to help members locate it to unlock the wisdom & knowledge of other members on the forums.

Accessing the database to locate info about potential clients has saved many of us an inordinate amount of time ‘chasing’ payments for Services professionally provided to potential non-payers . . .

Thank you for the info!

2 Likes

I am still waiting to get approved. Looking forward to that.

That is NOT TRUE about X Marks the Spot signing service! I just completed a signing on November 18, 2023, and around 30 days after I contacted this agency saying that they would investigate about payment status. I contacted Missy and spoke to her twice 1- by phone, 2 by text and nothing was done, and No payment. It is now 50 days since 45 days was on Jan 2 with no payment. Called the lender who confirmed that payment was sent to X Marks the Spot 2 days after the signing was completed. I am VERY disappointed and frustrated to not have a sufficient response which is NOT PROFESSIONAL about payment. The order was sent on SignngOrder.com! I have sent the invoice and made multiple payment requests.I have been super patient and very nice and consistent with my contact with this company. I don’t understand why they won’t return my call/email/text? Or when they did recive payment to not pay me?

1 Like

I completely agree! Notary Rotary has been great to work with. Thanks for the info!

Notary2Pro is the best. You will learn…I highly recommend.

1 Like