CALIFORNIA - How much should I charge?

Hello fellow notaries,

Signing up with some loan signing companies in southern California. What does everyone typically charge for a full purchase, refinance, reverse mortgage, etc? Thanks!!!

@jackiepetropulos

The answer to your query varies widely by region with a state and across the United States.

If you perform a Search of the Notary Cafe database, you’ll discover a GOLDMINE of data on answers to your question.

Just locate the every-elusive, nearly-invisible Magnifying Glass (see image below) to open the endless possibilities available.

Here is a sample Search result: Search results for 'how much should I charge' - Notary Cafe Forums

There are 50+ threads available for you on the above direct Notary Cafe url link.

:swan:

I did that but couldnt find anything helpful that pertains to southern california transactions

Keep trying keywords … This has been discussed here before. Maybe not specific numbers, but how to determine one’s fee has surely been discussed many many times.

No one can tell you what to charge … much of the fee determination is based on demographics and overall situation, which only you can determine.

1 Like

@jackiepetropulos

You may find it helpful to perform a Google Search for notaries/certified notary signing agents within your region. Research if they have websites & investigate if their prices are posted (many are) as this will provide you with germane data.

======

Here are 2 threads that you may find of particular assistance in regard to your original query:

======
In addition, these 3 threads may contain helpful data regarding State-Specific (CA) information:

:swan: