Fees to charge

I’m looking to see if anyone in the state of Washington has a breakdown of the fees they charge for their signings?
EX:
*Purchases-
*Sellers-
*Refis-
*Reverse Mortgages-

I just started my own company & will be venturing out on my own soon.
I have somewhat of an idea, but thought getting opinions from here would help as well.
Thank you in advance for your opinions! :slight_smile:

No one will tell their fees. It is bad manners to even ask.

Sooo…thank you for THAT Cheryl!
Just a heads up, this is a Notary Forum.
This is NOT bad manners. WE are encouraged to help & support eachother period.
If you go back into other threads, you would find that people have this discussion quite frequently. WE share this information so that the Industry can NOT undercut US & we have some of assemblance of FAIR rates to charge who WE all work for.

5 Likes

It is not bad manners to ask what are the prices people are charging as a matter of fact i believe we as notaries should have a set minimun amount anyone of us should charge no questions asked. jencolvin6872 just to let you know i am sitting here making my price list right now and I live in Ohio and after all of the signings I haave completed and what i have learned what it takes to do a signing my time is precious and the lenders will make money on these mortages fo 15 to 30 years. It is nothing for me to ask them to pay me so that they can collect hundreds of dollars from the borrower for 15 to 30 years.

my price list looks like this

Loan Signing Refi: starts at $200.00
Full Purchase: starts at $200.00
Reverse Mortatge: starts at $200.00
Scan Backs: starts at 15.00
Loan Application: starts at $125.00
Cash Deal: starts at $100.00

Tell them what is included such as: Printing of original copy and second copy for signer, Travel fee, Notary Act, Shipping back, a professional dressed knowlegable notary, and someone who is willling to go and meet with someone in their home while this pandemic is happening you are also putting your life on the line and this all takes time. You can decide to lower these fees or increase them over time while you are developing your professional relationships. I include “starts at” because prices could change due to travel and the amount of signers involved and any other additional unexpected changes that could happen. Let them know you are the one who can get the job done however before the agreement is made both parties should understand that prices could change or remain the same. REMEMBER!!! THIS IS A BUSINESS!!! ;). Walmarts sets their prices and we pay them. I understand that their is a TRID issue per Mark wills but if you go by that then how can you understand what you worth this is a a way to get you started.

Also take a look at this Link: https://certifiedmobilenotaryservice.com/services-rates/
and this one also Notary Public Fees - EXCELLENCE MOBILE NOTARY

We really have to help each other out here i noticed the prices on snapdocs have really gone down and i have to go direct also and everyone wants to paid what they are worth

8 Likes

This is fantastic information! Thank you @aja.wnotaryservices!
There’s a huge difference between what we do and disclosing our rates to “eachother” as opposed to being in a salaried workplace and disclosing that information to other coworkers. That, is definitely bad manners.
I appreciate you very much!
Have a great weekend!

1 Like

Sorry, guess I was way wrong. Read that on a different forum and thought I had some information. My apologies.

2 Likes

Don’t worry. We all are sometime confused from so many rules and regulations. Just go in a way you think it is right. If you see an opinion which hits more understanding, probably people like it more, but it is up to you and only you to accept or do not accept it.

1 Like