Chivalry is not dead

A few days ago on an appointment I was practically chased into a buyers home by a dog that was roaming the neighborhood. When I exited the vehicle I did not see it until I was walking up the driveway to the home. As I rang the bell almost in panic the buyer opened the door as the dog charged up the driveway. The buyer saw immediately the issue and grabbed me and quickly shut the door.

He excused himself then came back with a BB gun. He opened the door fired one shot at the dog who at this point was barking near the front door.

I was shook!!!

He asked me if I was okay… still shaking… it took me 10 min to compose myself….

After the signing he walked me back to my car and made sure I drove off before going into his home.

These are the hazards that no one talks about when they promote the 10k a month business that I have yet to experience

20 Likes

GEEZ! Glad you are OK! And I’m glad the signer assisted in your safety. I would check to see if mace/pepper spray is legal to carry in your state. They give it to the mail carriers. I love dogs to death, but they’re only as good as their owners IMO.

8 Likes

Listen all you pet lovers Animals are still animals.

8 Likes

“Animals raise animals!”

4 Likes

Im ok with the nice bark or two from the dog but This week I had to deal with a way too friendly cat that put his claws through my jeans trying to get on my lap the other day. Then yesterday the signers house was full of dog fur! She offered me someone to drink. Ummm no thank you :blush: (I never take anything anyway)

2 Likes

Who did they want you to drink? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :stuck_out_tongue: :crazy_face: Sounds like some Jeffrey Dahlmer stuff right there!

1 Like

Oppppsss typo! :joy::joy::roll_eyes:
You would be the one to catch that! Lol

1 Like

I’m here for ya girl!

1 Like

Well thank ya! (Using my Oklahoman slang)

1 Like

LOL… Well then, “Howdy Patna!”

1 Like

I think that’s Texas! :joy::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Terrible. So glad you’re ok!

1 Like

I have had and owned dogs most.of my life, and the one thing I’ve learned is that all dogs bite! If a dog owner tells you their dog doesn’t bite let this be a warning that this dog owner is not a very responsible dog ower are very inexperienced with dogs. FYI! ALL DOGS BITE!

3 Likes

I LOVE DOGS and have trained many in my life time. I am not typically afraid of dogs but I know an aggressive dog when I see one. This one was a huge dog and obviously not a friendly one. I had my rolling briefcase with me and was prepared to use it it keep a distance between me and the dog in case the door did not open in time. Thank goodness it did

3 Likes

Was averaging 6-7k a month part time, this time last year (also i am 10 years deep in the business). Now? Barely $500/mth. 1099 for 2021 was $63k​:sleepy::sleepy: my fulltime job at a law office, allow me a lot of flexibility been there 22 years!The days of low interest rates are long gone. I am a pet owner, and any irresponsible pet owner, make my skin crawl. Secure your pet or else. This is their home, if you come inside wouldst need to secure them, because their both train to my demand.

1 Like

Yes the tides are changing… what state are you in?

1 Like

Love dogs more than i like people! 100% loyalty 24-7.

3 Likes

I have read your dog story with horror! I am afraid of dogs, any kind of dogs. When I am confirming the appointment with the Signer, I ask if they have dogs? If yes, I request that the dog is kept away from me in a different room while I am visiting for the Closing.
I realized I have to be very gentle how I say this request.

Most dog owners understand and take their dog to their fenced yards or another room in the house. Sometimes garage.

I have been providing Mobile Notary, NSA since 2009. I have had twice the Signer cancel the appointment because of my request about the dog. Not a bad record for being doing this long time.

When I started, I never used to ask if they have dogs, until a huge dog came charging at me, and I screamed so loud and cried. The clients were embarrassed. They told me, I should have told them about my fear of dogs and they could have place the dog in another room before opening the door.
Since that experience I ask before I visit.

I thought I would never see a dog story in this blog!!

1 Like

Yes, I am always confronted with this…on most of my appointment their are dogs and cats…I thought that cats were safe…but one cat looked at me as in if he would jump me…When it comes to dogs, I always explain I am fearful of dogs and somehow these owners still manages to say they don’t bite…really they have a mouth and teeth…And this one client, the dogs got out and so happen the big dog grabbed the teddy bear and put in his mouth which was great because they were actually sweating trying to get them back in the room, they were not obeying…THAT’S WHY I SAY CLIENT SHOULD AUTOMATE SAY, I HAVE TO PUT THEM UP BECAUSE THEY ARE UNPREDICTABLE…and on top of that they are responsible for their behavioral…

2 Likes

:rofl: :joy: :rofl: :joy: They have mouth and teeth… :rofl: :joy: :rofl: :joy: you must be West Indian you sound just like my mother… :joy: :joy: :joy:

1 Like