To those who love dogs in signings

“Shadow” is ready to sign…how could anyone ask for him to be locked up?? :rofl::rofl::rofl:. He sat there the whole time looking at his master, then me, then his master again as we spoke, acting like he was on a “Need to Know” basis. And, watching for the bag of Beggin Strips…of course.

He likes Beggin’ Strips!!!

18 Likes

Love it! :joy:!!!’!!!

2 Likes

I don’t know how anyone can not enjoy being around dogs during signings.

7 Likes

I’ve been looking for a husky to take a picture for you, but haven’t seen one in a little while!

1 Like

It’s really simple, actually. Incessant barking, whining, jumping on your clothes and scratching them, distracting the signers every 5 minutes, being aggressive towards you, begging to be let outside then immediately crying and screaming to be let inside etc etc…

12 Likes

I think I would really like that :+1:

3 Likes

Lol…nah…not if you can get them to sit either on your lap or next to you by rubbing their ears!! Then they’re pretty quiet…:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Amazon sells a fantastic pet hair remover For $14.99 for those of us who love animals, works great.

1 Like

Nearly 6 years doing loan signings, thousands of closings, I can count on the fingers of one hand how many dogs truly were a problem, and only once did I have to tell a signer to put their dogs outside or I was leaving.

I got a big kiss in the nose from Daisy this week, a big lover girl Great Dane, owned by the borrowers!

8 Likes

I always say: “Dogs are the bonus in this business!”

I’ve met a lot of awesome people doing signings, but even more awesome dogs!

This includes at least two local title companies, where every day is “Bring your dog to work day.”

9 Likes

Great Danes are the BEST aren’t they!!! Usually they’re pretty reserved, how lucky you are to get a big old kiss from Daisy!! I tried getting one called Rocky to kiss me but all I got was a paw shake, lol!!!

1 Like

I’m with you! The pets are cute but please put them away! Please and thank you!

7 Likes

Agreed. I am an avid cat lover and love dogs and children but this business requires your undivided attention so prefer not to have to focus on the antics of your pets while handling your paperwork. I have had cats walk across my signing table, dogs in my briefcase, children in my lap which is all very sweet but not for signing.

8 Likes

I love animals and would love to have that little buddy in attendance!

5 Likes

I keep doggie treats in my bag. Keeps them from barking the whole time and the owners and dogs love it!

4 Likes

Well, yesterday at a closing. This cute little cat was at my feet. He was so cute. I asked, “What is his name?” She replied, “Oh that’s a boy named Sue”. :joy:. Ok, that was cute!

8 Likes

just to name a few :rofl:

1 Like

Love dogs more than I like most people! The best signings are seeing the fur kids

8 Likes

I need to start packing them as well. Please don’t tell my pups.:roll_eyes:

2 Likes

My “Holly” has figured it out…and expects one as I leave. :joy:

1 Like

I have dog treats and cat treats in my notary case always on hand. BEST way to make friends with the doggies and it keeps them from barking because their mouth is full…

3 Likes