Cost of living is too high to do low signing fees

Cost of living is too high to do low signing fees.

2 Likes

Hey What was your trick to getting paid the higher fees? You mentioned it in one of your discussions something about a signing service?? :wink:

No middleman for me here so I don’t take anything via signing services anymore. I’ve figured it out. I need my full fee and only way to do that is to make sure my name is on CD- section H under notary fee and title is obligated to disburse full fee directly to me. Title can’t take my cut either. Just like fee for appraisal, title can’t keep some of independent appraiser fee or independent home inspection fee, etc. I am an independent signing agent. My fee is my fee. I thought I shared the secret with you via email?

1 Like

Do you think that it is easier to market direct when you have a signing service?

(KY) Pushing Lenders and TCo’s aside:

You have the borrower (who owns the loan)
The Real Estate Agent (who made the deal)
And in "some case, there is an Attorney involved (who acts on behalf of the borrower)

All of the above 3 can choose who they want as a NSA (if they are made aware of it). I’ve always started with the Real Estate Agent and/or the Attorney, as both have direct access to the borrowers “ear.” It’s the borrower that pays the Notary fees.

You would be surprised on how many of all 3 don’t know this. They simply rely on Title to take care of finding a Notary because it’s simply a service they offer with the rest of their package work.
Target these 3 to cut out the middleman (if you can sell it). Cutting out the Title Co collaterally cuts out any SS Co.

2 years ago I threw a Caldwell Banker Agent a referral along with my card. I have been closing all of her offices loans since, getting full fee. I’m in a tight spot by me because I live in a high demand area and it’s the low inventory of housing that effects me more than the higher rates do. All new sales are primarily new builds in subdivisions, along with REFI’s and HELOCS by me. Because of the higher rates and higher cost of building materials, supply chain issues, even new builds have slowed down quite a bit. I built a production home a year and a half ago for $300k. The same house is $400k today. My equity comes from the area I live in, not so much the inflation.

The Real Estate Agent always has the “inside scoop” on what’s going on in a particular area!

3 Likes

could you share the secret with me please?

1 Like

For sure, I am not comfortable to have my own SS and hire someone else to do the jobs under my name. I’m a control freak and I must have full control of every single closing. And since I can’t control what others do, I can’t take that risk. If I was 20 years younger I’d probably do it but I don’t want extra responsibilities at this age.

Sure!!!..…ask and you shall receive

You are so right. The informed clients are the ones who tell the title and the lender who they want to use as their notary signing agent/closer because they are the ones who pay for everything. And from my experience, title and lender must comply or they don’t get the business!

1 Like

Happened to be once this week when the title lady said let me see if I can get the lender approval for that fee. And the customer said I’m ok with that fee! :joy: Ok, who’s the boss? Yes, the client!

Sent…………… hope it helps.

Thank you for this! It just happened to me for the first time in 3.5 years. I had a friend who was doing a refi, which I didn’t even know about. But she knew I was a LSA. I got a call from Lender asking when I was available and how to spell my name for the CD! Didn’t even know that was a thing. I want that to happen again. It was a $175 fee which is phenomenal for my area.

Can you share any more tips to help me, pls? I feel like I’m one of the few in my area (Melbourne, FL) who will not accept low fees so my income has declined a lot. But I know my worth!

1 Like

Wait! Am I reading this post right? $175 for FULL notary fee on a CD? Is this a “real thing” regardless of location? If so, and most “middleman” SS Cos snatch 50%, that leaves a $75 offer to the NSA for a REFI. Interesting. So based on this, are notaries taking low offers, or are the clients undercutting themselves when charging this fee?

I understood her post completely. Not confused on this at all:)

Would you mind sharing your secret with me also? I’m grateful!

2 Likes

Yes I would like to know your secret as well. Thank you so much!

1 Like

Do you mind sharing info with me. Unfortunately, my refusal to take $60 refis and other crazy low fee have left me very slow.

1 Like

Topic closed. Please refrain from using Notary Cafe forums for advertising other services. We are here to offer helpful infomration to ALL users.

Mike @ Notay Cafe Support

3 Likes