Digital recorder?

Hello, is anyone here a legal digital recorder? Any feedback would be appreciated. I received an offer, I am not to familiar with this practice.

1 Like

In many States a Notary can take depositions and recordings to be used in legal proceedings. You’re not a court reporter, although court reporters are also Notaries, so they usually don’t hold you to the same standards. These engagements can take considerable time so consider offering your services and per hour basis. You maybe asked to wait while ‘off record’ discussions take place.

I’ve handled a few engagements for Veritext regarding document retrieval.

2 Likes

Found this in a quick, still drinking my morning coffee, search. Based on this, I’m not sure this is something that “just a notary” can jump into without proper training and certification (and I mean certification from your state regulatory agenc). I know from my experience as a paralegal and knowledge of depositions and court proceedings, EXTREME accuracy is vital and key to not being sued for all you’re worth.

"All official court reporters must attain official status as a Colorado Certified Realtime Reporter by meeting one of the following requirements by passing the: a. NCRA Certified Realtime Reporter (CRR) test with 96 percent accuracy; or b. NCRA CRR test with 94 percent accuracy (the Colorado standard); or c… " (something follows “c” - did not check it)

Chief Justice Directive 05-03 - Colorado Judicial Branch

](https://www.courts.state.co.us/Courts/Supreme_Court/Directives/05-03%20Amended%20Effective%20June%209%202021%20%20.pdf)

P.S. Your topic heading and question are a bit misleading. You titled “Digital Recorder” and questioned if anyone was a “legal digital recorder”. The email/job description is clear - it’s “digital court reporter”.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.