Do you leave your business card at a signing?

Is there ever a reason for the signers to need to get in touch with you after the signing?

Is it okay to let them know you do GNW as well if they need a notary in the future?

1 Like

You better leave a business card at each signing and hand out your cards when appropriate to anyone you meet if you want repeat and potential new business.

13 Likes

Agreed! When I leave from a signing my card is handed out or sometimes during the signing. The clients are appreciative of the business received so potential business might come later from them.

3 Likes

I hand out my business card at arrival, during my introductions. It has my picture and it matches the profile the borrowers are sent with my information from their title companies. I have had attorneys, famous football coaches & players and filmographers, reach back out because I handled their real estate transactions, trust me enough to come back out and handle their personal business

8 Likes

Yep. When setting up at the table the first thing I do is pull out my business card first. And I got a lot of repeat clients and referrals as well.

9 Likes

Always Leave your card.

4 Likes

Same here ~ my business card goes with their copy of signing package. I actually have signers tell their people they want me to notarize other transactions because they appreciated my performance. Sweet! When I perform signings at nursing homes, full care facilities, hospitals, etc. they share my business card information and I receive call backs. Seniors and people with disabilities make up a third of my signing assignments. I actually like these signings because nothing to print. :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Only hand them a business card if they ask to use your notary services in the future, don’t got out of your way to give them business cards. The customer must initiate. Because it has the appearance your trying to steal clients from the signing/Title companies. That a good way to get removed from that vendors notary list.

6 Likes

Always. That’s your marketing right there. I recently did a notarization for a reality TV celebrity. I was hired by their studio and brought onto the set. I recognized the celebrities. It didn’t make me nervous, but it did make me tense because the setup was completely different and I had to focus on not making any mistakes. I had to notarize their documents in a director’s chair lol. At the end, they immediately left (and gave me a $50 tip lol rich people) and went back to recording and left their ID’s with me. I did NOT place a business card on top because I wasn’t thinking and I kicked myself over it all the way home. But, I did leave one with the studio and they left me a 5 star review on Google so next time I’ll be more assertive!

11 Likes

I always gave my borrowers their docs clipped into a manila folder with my business card stapled to the front; so they know who they met with whether they want to complain or they want to put in a good word for me. And of course, marketing - there IS that. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I attach my business card to every copy of the signer’s docs. Most are glad to have it because I hear often that it is sometimes difficult to find a notary, especially a mobile one. Not trying to take anything from a signing service, but I feel they should have a little more information about someone coming into their home or office. And yes, it is great for future general notary work.

3 Likes

Always. At the end I point out that my business card is attached to the copy of their docs. I tell them that I do GNW as well and if they or one of their neighbors ever need a mobile notary I would be happy to assist. Although I haven’t had a lot of my GNW this way, I have had several. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

I have only been doing signings since Aug. I left my card with some and got Mobile notary from a few. I printed a whole sheet of my business cards. Glued them on front of each file. Got 3 more notary jobs from them. Last client told me to staple card on signing file so he could put in my Rolodex. Elderly people do keep cards. Still working on how to get word out.

2 Likes

Competition is not than cut throat in the Pacific NW. Are you in CA?

I only leave my business card when/if a signer requests it at the end of a signing. According to Standard of Practice section 8.6 of the SPSWG code of conduct to do otherwise may be indirect solicitation of outside business.

1 Like

I attach my business card at every signing, during gnw any time I get an opportunity.

1 Like

I have pens with my biz name and phone number.
Every signer gets a brand new pen to keep!
People love it because of Covid and you would be surprised how many people just don’t have pens. I have received GNW from it.
It is NOT a conflict, the signer did not originally hire me to do their loan documents.

3 Likes

Like candiceangotti, I also have pens engraved with my name and contact info that I distribute at a signing along with my a few of my business cards (1 for each signer and 1 to give away, I say). It helps to generate business for me.

1 Like

I always hand the borrowers and GNW clients my business card. I often give out my brochure as well, and sometimes a nice pen or two, depending upon how the signing went. I always ask the clients to call me if they or their friends and colleagues ever need my services and I’ve gotten a few referrals and callbacks.

Be memorable, remember? (see my other posts; type in “memorable”)

Where are you ordering your pens from? I am looking for cost effective pens.