Do you think a car printer is worth it? Please share any pros and cons!

Yes exactly unless you can use that heat as solar power to run the equipment, obviously wishful thinking.

I hear ya, Iā€™m in pot hole city over here. Not to mention some strong June rain. Between pot holes and moisture getting in the trunk, I think this is not an option for my vehicle :slight_smile:

I tried a car printer but the tires kept getting jammed in the drum.

I moved on.

Think ā€œoutside the boxā€ on this one. A ā€œtrueā€ MOBILE printer works off of a rechargeable battery and WifFi. It does not mean you need it to print from your car (although a great convenience), but how about your signers table (especially if they donā€™t have one)? I have an HP OfficeJet 200 and it fits in my briefcase along with my laptop. 50 page capacity. I donā€™t use it to print big packages, but that ā€œerror at the table, missing doc, or 20-30 page loan mod that came in across the street from the house Iā€™m doing a REFI atā€ comes in real handy. Owning one is like insurance: You may not need it hardly ever, but when you do, you will wish you had it (especially for those concerned about GAS!). Also, itā€™s not only a sales pitch in itself, but ā€œbillableā€ because itā€™s not expected to have one as a norm. I do a lot of car title notarizations where both buyer and seller need to sign the title in my presence at the time of the sale. $10 for a copy. Just snap a pic and print!

You must have a rolling briefcase or you have some serious muscles. I have a rolling briefcase and many days multiple files fills it up. I could not imagine adding any more equipment to the bag.

1 Like

Nah, just a really good quality, comfortable shoulder strap. Iā€™ve never had enough business in one day to justify wheels. My laptop actually weights more than the printer does!

This is the next car printer Iā€™m buying ā€¦. Lol

3 Likes

Had one tooā€¦ ditched it as it was killing my back

1 Like

Had a mobile office in MD the last 2 years with no concerns about heat or cold. Mine is a brother 5200 dual tray with an ecoflow rechargable battery.

Definitely no concerns now, since the car will put the air on when internal temp goes above 100 degrees.

Hello! May I ask exactly what model ecoflow you use? Iā€™m looking to buy one to use for both my Epson 580w scanner and a Brother HLL2305W. Thanks in advance!

@CAquail Great question! :owl: If by chance there is no response after a day (or so . . .), you may want to reach out directly to that member via Private Message [PM].

:swan:

1 Like

Ecoflow Delta for 3 years, no issues

Great, thank you! I figured I would need something over 1000w for the printer, and that fits the bill.