Document preparation services

NNA has nothing to do with “drafting” legal/financial docs. It is a total separate industry. One should be checking their state laws on this. Verify whether you can or can not do it without a legal/accounting certification is the first step. Verifying whether you can or can not notarize the same docs you draft is the second step! Attorneys get paid to make simple things complicated!

1 Like

Like many of you, what I said was the NNA would know if there is a conflict of interest in whether or not providing documents. Draftiung is a paralegal, not a notary task. in most states, this is considered practicing law, thats a big no no for a notary with no higher tier training. Even paralegals have to work with a lawyer to get the ok of what is and not ok. I hope you don’t make yourself the kind of notary who thinks they know all the rules and instead lands themselves in legal trouble instead. Mind, you I don;t just say this for the hell of it. My wife has been BOTH a notary and a certified paralegal at her numerous law offices.

NNA would not know, because they do not provide guidance on doc drafting simply because drafting docs is NOT a notarial act. They will simply point you to you States laws as I suggested in my posts. Drafting docs is NOT a paralegal task in all states, nor considered “practicing law” in all states as I posted. One needs to check. Based on the info here, NNA is not a RELIABLE source!

2 Likes

@arod.ns1004 Unfortunately, that statement is definitively inaccurate.

The NNA is a BUSINESS.
They’re a FOR-PROFIT business.
The term “Association” is a misnomer.
Many have presented extensive details from direct, first-hand previously on this topic in this (& many other) forums.
The NNA certainly has THEIR best interest at heart (not the notary/certified notary signing agents [CNSAs] interest) . . .

Also, LindaH-FL is :100: percent accurate in her post that the NNA certainly ISN’T the ‘industry standard’. See snippet below in direct url Notary Cafe link:

For additional edification on this topic, please reference the following:

:swan:

1 Like