From $80 to $200 offer--they will do it if we just say NO to low

This was from SnapDocs. Just stop jumping on everything.

5 Likes

Totally agree @Arichter . Since the beginning of this year I have noticed a difference in how I have been offered signings. I am still receiving notices of <=$40, but more agencies are texting/calling me directly and offering my listed fee. I am also noticing an uptick in the number of accepted counteroffers that meet my requests. Although my business/offers are still down by a significant amount, the monthly dollars earned are slowly beginning to creep up toward my expected ā€œnormalā€. I wonder if any of you other seasoned notaries are noticing the same?

4 Likes

Yeah, I did. Since interest rates went up after covid the notary signing fees have gone way down. It is a real turn off. I bid jobs for the prices that I did when I originally started 4 years ago and I rarely get the assignment. $50 for 80 pages plus scanbacks, I shake my head. NO WAY

6 Likes

I recently accepted a ā€˜single documentā€™ signing from a trusted company I have done a fair amount of businesses with. I hadnā€™t seen the documents and I have another signing nearby. The actual document set is two signers and 5 certificates with a scan for $XX. It doesnā€™t even cover my travel fee. Itā€™s the weekend and no one has replied to my request. I have already confirmed with the signers so I feel I cannot send the assignment back. Not a happy place to be.

1 Like

Couple issues here. Firstā€“a ā€˜single docā€™ with 2 signers cannot have 5 certs. Secondā€“no response to your questioning this! So, said ā€˜trustedā€™ co. lied to you and have gone MIA (hoping youā€™ll be a good little notary and do it at a loss). However, as you have called the signer, if it isnā€™t a time-sensitive doc, I think Iā€™d call the signer again and ā€˜undoā€™ the date/time as ā€˜there seems to be a discrepancyā€™. (No need to tell them the 'ā€˜discrepancyā€™ is your fee.) IF date/time sensitiveā€¦well, how important to you is this (not) trusted co?

I do have 2 thoughts: WHY did you accept a signing at a fee that doesnā€™t cover your travel fee? If it was due to ā€˜another signing nearbyā€™ā€¦thatā€™s a mistake. Each signing fee HAS to stand on itsā€™ own. Mostly becauseā€“like this oneā€“it rarely works out to your advantageā€“and when it does, you, not they, make the windfall profit!

1 Like

Iā€™m noticiing that some companies will accept counteroffers of 50% higher than their ā€œblastā€ offer. Iā€™m not exactly sure what to make of it but you can be sure that once a company pays that higher fee, Iā€™m never going to accept the lower fee from them.

1 Like

Absolutely! NEVER give a discount because youā€™ll be ā€œin the areaā€ anyway. What if your other signing cancels? Then youā€™re stuck doing this one at a discount for absolutely no reason.

2 Likes