Offer Fees Reached a New Low

This popped up in my offer feed today. Can they really be serious? $25,00

2 Likes

That’s just crazy! I wonder what is is though since the type is misc. Maybe just a replacement doc for a mistake another notary made?

3 Likes

Even if it’s only one page, and I doubt it is, it should have stated that. Just the cost of driving back and forth at 30 miles round trip based on the 0.625 is $18.75. And that doesn’t include the time to print the documents, driving back and forth, get the documents signed, scanning and uploaded the documents and driving back and forth to FEDEX. Way less than minimum wage. In the end your paying them to work for them.

8 Likes

I agree- they are pitiful and an insult. I keep getting $62. as a start offer for seller package and scanbacks so I counter at $85- $90. and of course never hear back. Sorry, that is what I was earning 2 years ago and the cost of everything has gone up.

7 Likes

How did i know this was Coasr 2 Coasr before i opened this up?:rofl::rofl: They have always been bortom to the bottom.

3 Likes

Might as well just get a job at Wendy’s. It’ll be more profitable lol. Sad.

2 Likes

Everyone is cheap these days. The buck, or lack thereof, falls at the bottom.

2 Likes

If its an easy signing, correcting an error, and not too far from your office, $25 might be reasonable.

1 Like

Not even if you walk next door. You still have to print the documents, get them signed, scan them, upload them and drive them to FEDEX and it wont be next door.

I go by what I posted earlier.

“Even if it’s only one page, and I doubt it is, it should have stated that. Just the cost of driving back and forth at 30 miles round trip based on the 0.625 is $18.75. And that doesn’t include the time to print the documents, driving back and forth, get the documents signed, scanning and uploaded the documents and driving back and forth to FEDEX. Way less than minimum wage. In the end your paying them to work for them.”

5 Likes

Let’s try to use a little common sense. The mileage and page count seemed to be based on assumption, as the these details have not been established in the request. If the engagement lacked profitability, I wouldn’t take the job.

I have received similar request to get one page signed that took care of while running errands and a short distance from the office. Total time came in at less than 10 minutes. That works out to $150/hour. My FedEx drop is less than 1 mile from my office.

I get paid more for that for GNW mobile travel fee alone…lol

3 Likes

The funny thing, some noob will take this signing. This might cover your theater, popcorn and soda. C2C doesn’t respect our industry and industry pros.

3 Likes

I usually do as well. It’s apparent you didn’t read the context of my post. LOL!

I believe i did…but we are on the same page…I dont care about lsa work,so many other ways to get paid well…and on the spot!!

I totally agree to that

1 Like

I say $125 min for sellers , 1 doc $75 within 5 miles and $50 for each 20 miles additional. Refi/purchase $175 base and additional for travel. But i am in alaska with limited notaries and we can usually get it. I get them to double it or more. I wish all the new notaries wouldnt charge so little. We should each reach out to the newbies and give them the rate sheet!

3 Likes

I agree, $62 is all I’m getting too, when I get them and my counter offers are unanswered. Fine with me because the jobs are too far away for me. $62 is one tank of gas, does not cover my time or scan backs.

3 Likes

I refuse to sign for C2C!! Anytime I get an offer to sign with ridiculous pay they offer, I immediately reply with a ridiculous counter offer. They’re the worst and wait months to get finally get paid. Not wasting my time with them.

2 Likes

Some of my favorite companies are even doing this. I’m only seeing refinances/purchases with scan backs for $80. HELOCs with scans for $70 from Mortgage Connect (and those packages are like 140-150+ pages). Sellers for $75. It’s well below the $150-175 the jobs are actually worth and even lower than my minimum of $100. No way to make a profit through these companies right now. With the scarcity of alerts, you can’t even really stack a bunch of low paying orders. This is so sad…

5 Likes

Its called being in a housing recession, which is going on since April