Frustrated!

I’m a little frustrated with the whole text notifications for assignments. I countered a fee because it’s in the same town as the world famous Sturgis Motorcycle Rally and its day 1 of the Rally. They upped it to my requested fee but blasted it back to the Notary Universe!!! Someone else picked it up!! WHAT THE HECK??? It’s NOT the first time this has happened and I’m beyond frustrated. Why not just assign it to the notary for the approved fee???

1 Like

Just another of the14 dozen reasons I dislike platforms.

4 Likes

Agreed. There is no direct business in my area though. They all close their own loans. :-1:t3:

3 Likes

This just happened to a notary I know. He was approached to take a job some distance away and asked for $90 instead of the $75. They flew the job again for $120 and gave it to someone else. Either there is not a human being at the end of that offer and it goes to the first rank notary to respond or, there are multiple people from the same outfit trying to find a notary, or it was a deliberate snub. I suggested that the person who contacted him went on lunch break before assigning it to him. Who knows what really happened?

I responded to the same inquiry and asked why it wasn’t assigned to me since I asked for the approved fee increase. I got no response. It was worth a shot!

was this with snapdocs?

1 Like

The big three Escrow companies in my area either work through Snapdocs or Bancserv. Some branches never use those services because they have direct business with some fortunate notaries. In the past I remember asking one SS why I was getting less work, and someone there told me they were being called directly by the notaries and being asked if anything was coming up in their area. Since then even with the low volume of work, I still get assignments through Snapdocs. Things change.

Yes! Always SnapDocs.

1 Like

That has also happened to me on several occasions, I counter with a slighter higher fee, they repost with the fee that I requested and then someone else gets the job. I have a very good standing in many platform services and I have never had a complaint. I don’t get it. I am also frustrated by how little companies are paying for HELOCs now. They are only paying $50 to print, travel do the closing and ship. Then I noticed that consumer is being charged $175. Many notaries must be taking them for $50 because of lack of business. That only makes things worse because I can’t negotiate a higher rate.

1 Like

I also have good standing with all and am a “preferred notary” with most of my customers so it makes it that much more frustrating. The only difference is that this one was one I’ve only done one or two with them in the past.

I agree that it is very frustrating.

I had another notification this morning. I countered because of the location and time they are wanting. It’s in Sturgis during the Sturgis Rally and at 7:30 pm. ALL of the bikers are in town that time of night because no one likes to ride in the dark because of deer & other critters. Plus the concerts will be gearing up soon. I put in my counter “Please assign it if approved instead of sending out another notification.” I haven’t heard anything and nothing else has come through. However, someone may have accepted it for that fee because they live in that town.

When a Title Co. or a SS platform tells you: “You are a preferred Notary” do not take them serious, it is just a way to make you feel good, that’s it, they tell the same thing to every Notary who’s working with them…

2 Likes

I had a signing service pull the same trick on me 24 years ago. And over and over through the years. It’s just a business decision by the scheduler. Or in your case by the signing services robot scheduler. I miss the phone calls from familiar schedulers who I would negotiate my fees with. Who knew me and knew what I bring to an assignment. There’s a few still out there.

1 Like

This sucks. I"m sorry to hear this :frowning:

I’ve had that happen numerous times. It does kind of tick a guy off. I agree.
Ed