GNW For Insurance Companies

I am meeting a client at the local Insurance company this afternoon 1/2 a mile from my home and was thinking while I’m there I would try to solicit some business…(always be prospecting).

I understand that we are capped for fees with GNW and not with SS I’m just wondering and asking which bucket they fall under.

Insurance claims vehicle inspections usually don’t need a notary but I’m thinking about other forms that’s they may require to be notarized.

My people… my community…. Help a sister out this morning …… Please😂

State-mandated notary fee (per notarization or signature, whichever applies) plus travel/time/service fee if allowed by your state. That’s the best you can do with GNW, which is why many say you can’t live off it - of course it depends on your location and your state’s allowed fee.

Good luck - certainly doesn’t hurt to reach out - bring a bunch of business cards - they do have clients who may need a notary too.

Thank you I was just hoping that it would fall under the umbrella of the SS type fee structure.

It’s not a loan signing…it’s GNW…

I know… I know a girl can dream right :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Hi, I’m in TX and while there are State fees to charge for GNW that does not include charges for your mobile notary business convenience fees. Those fees are different and I’ve learned mobile notaries are charging in some cases over $100 for their mobile convenience plus the State fee and indicating the difference on their receipts. I spoke to a seasoned LSA who said she agreed with the mobile fees charged as she would do the same. Best advice I can share is to set your prices and make sure to indicate on your receipt the difference between the two. Much to learn. Hope this helps.

2 Likes

Not sure how it is in TX or elsewhere, but I think as long as those (convenience" fees are discussed up front and agreed to by the signer, you’re okay…and yes, itemized on the receipt

1 Like

The state mandates the rate for walk-ins. If you’re traveling to them you can adjust your fee accordingly. Not just for loan signings.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.