Hold on to your britches. It's coming!

I too, now dont take reverse mortages. 600 pages of printing an 2 hours at the table for lowball. I took one awile ago after a call begging me. Were paying well. People seemed to know the docs. Found out, it was the third time they closed this. They said other notaries really did not know what they were doing. Get what you pay for!

2 Likes

Yes, but I bet the prices were NOT 30% over value like today. I remember 15% mtgs., but prices were DOWN because of it.

I agree the housing market has sure been effected by inflation, but its starting to settle and come back around here in PA, hopefully the trend will follow around the rest of the United States.

Are there still people who don’t know the real estate market is cyclical? Buckle your seat belt, cut your costs, and wait for it to turn back around. It may be tempting, but please don’t accept the low paying jobs, they will cost more than you make in the end. The printer, the toner, the tires will all have to be replaced sooner and you won’t have the cushion to pay for them.

7 Likes

When I launched by NSA business I had around 20 reliable SS and TCs. Today I’m down to about 3.5 that I can count on and the engagements are getting fewer by the week. I knew Real Estate was cyclical and we would eventually see a down turn, I started a new venture 18 months earlier.

1 Like

I had an offer of $75 for a RM! I took it as a newby in the business needing the experience, it was 200+ pages. I now have the experience and will NOT be excepting a RM at that price again!

2 Likes

Yes ! Live and learn.

1 Like

Set your conditions up front. Once you accept call the agency and let them know that you accepted on condition of page size and any additional requirements. “ acceptable if 125 pages or less and no scan backs”. Then set your counter. They will either entertain or not. Many will not even respond but will just reassign. But at least you won’t be burdened with a ridiculous job at a loss.

(Copied from another notary forum)

Don’t give this business another minute of your time. It is only for retirees who have plenty of time to post on this forum. You will never make a reasonable profit. Ever. The best advice that any fellow notary can give you is to spend your precious time looking for a legitimate career that will produce a decent income with benefits for you and your family and help you build wealth and retirement security.

(Note) I’m one of those retirees with plenty of time to post. And for the younger folks loan signings were a good excuse to get out of the house and let the real breadwinner care for the kids for a couple of hours.

2 Likes