It’s a “Manic RON-day”!

The whole closing. Oh flat fee amount depends on which company. Lowest for me is $65

1 Like

I’m sorry - you’ll have to pardon me here but, with all due respect - I don’t believe that for one minute. There’s no way you get all signatures on all docs and all notarizations completed in 15 minutes…by yourself. Now, if your signers are signing some docs ahead of time, that’s possible…but the whole entirety of a loan package in 15 minutes? No, sorry - doesn’t pass the sniff test.

JMO…and again, said respectfully.

1 Like

It depends on the person. It could take an hour or even more for some but I’m quick, lenders allowed clients to review their docs before RON appointment! So when it’s time to sign, they just do a quick login click click click click click. Done! Have a nice day!

Are you accusing me of making this up? I am speaking of my own personal experience. I move very fast and I inform the client what they need to do before their appointment. Yes it could take someone an hour to do it. I am speaking for myself. Efficiency is key.

1 Like

YOu already answered my question…you have a nice day too!

Let me know if you need help getting paid for that Ron that didn’t get completed.

Ok, today this one took me 17 minutes.

Completed successfully:)

Ok, I’m ready to check in:

I’m checked in and waiting for client to check in:

Waiting for client to finish checking in:

Waiting for client to finish checking in:

Yay, RON signing completed!

I love RON!

3 Likes

I do those Amrock RONs for Rocket Mortgage. My prior post was one. I receive 65.00 for these. The signers can preview the package before signing into the closing room and most do. They seldom look at the document for more than a few seconds and many are done with in less than fifteen minutes. The longest part of the closing is waiting for the signers to verify their identification, but they can do this thirty minutes before the session starts. If there are technical problems like getting knocked off line and having to reload on their computer, it can take longer but the longest one I have done was about 50 minutes and that was because of technical problems. I had one where the signers were ready to go fifteen minutes before the session and we finished the package in ten minutes.

4 Likes

Okay…then I will eat some crow here…humbly…

I thought the notary did the KBA - and doing that along with the journaling (however it is done) would take up at least 5 of the 15 minutes…but if the KBA is already done before the notary starts…along with it being an Amrock loan I can see it…

So, all that said, I offer my sincere apologies to @VIPnotaryCO for doubting her publicly as I did. My deepest mea culpas… I am sorry.

P.S Will hush my mouth about RON in any way, shape or form as I obviously need an education on these.

4 Likes

Apologies accepted. Thank you. :grin:

4 Likes

I have my first “Mock” Ron signing tomorrow for a SS. Can you tell me what equipment you use? I have a ring light and headset. My laptop has a webcam. … Anything else?

Your RON contractor should have gone over that with you as part of your onboarding process. You will not have been onboarded if you didn’t have the proper equipment that allows you access to the portal. In addition, you should have a guidebook with all the steps from both your side and the borrower’s side to review. Again, delivered to you by your platform provider. If you don’t have those things ask for them. This is the wrong venue for this question as we don’t know which platform provider you are using and which signing service. The guts of the process is the same, but there are some minor differences.

2 Likes

I have HP touchscreen with built-in camera. I’m not very technical but I get by! lol

1 Like

Thank you, I have all that I need to complete the task. I was just wondering if @VIPnotaryCO has some other special tools.

Awesome! Thank you for answering my question :slight_smile:

The KBA is performed by the platform provider through a third-party, as is the signer identification by scanning their information into a smart-phone (this generates our journal documentation which we download at the conclusion of the meeting). However the notary still has the responsibility for reviewing both before verifying and accepting their credentials. Sometimes there are some glitches. The KBA may have less than 100% accuracy which will show up on our side of the identity verification. We are supposed to find out why there are discrepancies. Sometimes it’s as simple as someone having entered their address incorrectly (e.g. 111 01 Smith Ave rather than 11101 Smith St which will result in an incorrect KBA response). Other times it’s because they have a prior address on their license that is different from the address at signing. Sometimes it can be a change of name that hasn’t been registered. Whatever it may be, we are supposed to take the time to have that addressed during the video recording. We have the option to override and accept credential verification; but I never do that without the due diligence of getting an explanation on record.
Still, it’s not just click and run. We still have to administer an oath; get their approval for using electronic signature, video taping and archiving them and their information; navigate them around the screen and process and tell them how to troubleshoot any technical difficulties. All of that can take less than 5 minutes (and they’ve already received some written orientation about the same prior to the meeting). But, all-in-all, a RON signing takes typically 15-20 minutes when you have a savvy user. No doubt it is the wave of the future. And, my personal goal is to be fully RON by the end of the year.

2 Likes

I am actually not a very computer savvy person, thank God I married a goat roper!

Unfortunately, OneNotary isn’t in Colorado. I haven’t signed up with a platform yet. I am super nervous. Can you tell me which platform you use?

I like to restart my computer before logging on. I also do a speed check to make sure my upload speed is adequate.

goat roper !.This made my day. Ok now back to busines.

1 Like