Newbie Here

Hey Everyone!

I’m a new notary agent in Texas and I haven’t gotten a signing yet. I’ve signed up with Banserv, Coast 2 Coast and countless others and nada! What am I doing wrong? I feel like I’m blackballed before I even joined this industry. Who gave you guys your first shot?

Thanks for any tips or insight!! :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

What city area r u located in. Its really area dependent. Even in my city i barely get any signings, yet someone i know in another part of town gets 10 to 15 alerts a day and he’s able to snag 2 to 3 max.

1 Like

I’m in the Hurst, Euless, Bedford area. But I can serve anywhere in the DFW Metroplex. I would be happy with one a day honestly. Do you know what service he uses?

1 Like

A lot of places in the country are extremely slow right now. It’s not something you did or didn’t do.

1 Like

Welcome! Snapdocs gave me my first shot! I’m only 6 months in. I signed up in late August and finally got my first shot in September. Don’t give up or get frustrated! Btw this month you may get one because it’s the holidays and lots of veterans are going be on vacation which helps us newbies snag one :wink: I learned last month! Got 10 signings and I’m just part time. Blessings on your business!

3 Likes

Attend the training classes that Coast 2 Coast does on Fridays. To get the zoom link email training@C2Csignings.com. They track who attends their trainings and will assign jobs to their preferred list.

1 Like

Welcome! It has been slow all month. Continue signing up with more companies and maybe visit local title offices in your area.

Hello everyone,

any one here who provide mobile notary?

Thank you!!

Like you I’m also a Texas Notary. My office is in the Hill Country. You’re not doing anything “wrong”. Texas has a very saturated market when it comes to notaries. My market surveillance (as if September 2021) indicates there are 20-50 new NSAs entering the business each month in Texas. Eighteen months ago there were about 20 NSAs in my area, today we’re at 77. This as driven down signing fees and spread closings across more notaries, diluting the market. We’re also seeing a small decline in closings.

I hope you didn’t buy into the 6-Figure Income Hype. As one of our colleagues says, ‘this business is a marathon, not a sprint’. Most small businesses will need about three years to start becoming consistently profitable. As a general rule you’ll need to back feed any cash flow in to your business for the first 6 months to 1 year. In other words all profits are reinvested.

Feel free to drop me a line. My contact information is on my profile.

1 Like