Printer suggestions? Does anyone have a Dual Tray Laser Printer to recommend? or an All in One, with Dual trays for legal and standard?

Yes, and it is okay, though slow.

I prefer the 6200DW or it’s updated version 6300DW. Faster print speeds, very reliable. Purchase the second tray.

I like the multipurpose Brother MFC 6800.

1 Like

Judy, Thank you for the feedback.

I have a Brother MFC-L6900DW in my house and one in my van. Work horses! yes, always get the high capacity second trays.

1 Like

Thank you Jodyleebode

Every printer suggestion In this topic is sold out everywhere! At my wits end trying to find a printer!

I also bought another for a new back-up a few weeks ago. It is still in the box on standby. Fabulous printers.

I currently have the Brothers L6200DW, which is dual tray. I believe the DW means it comes with the dual tray, because there is a version without it. I love it! Best decision ever. I did do a lot of research before purchasing. Prints quickly and i haven’t had a jam yet (although I am a new!). It was $299 on sale with the dual tray from B&H Photo and Video. Came within a two days. Ink for it is $106. I still currently buy the branded ink instead of geneic. I am scared to use the generic since i hear unpleasant stories about them. But i know once i find a good reliable brand of generic i wll definitely switch.
I also purchased the Brother ADS-1700W scanner. It is compact and I can take it on the road. However i do find that it can’t scan large quantities at a time, and for the price $229 (from office depot), i wish it was able to scan more. I will be using it on the road for when the only want critical docs. I am thinking of buying a second printer that has a scanner with it but only 1 tray as back up due to pricing. I am not as busy as many notaries. Two appts a day, by choice until i really get the hang out it.

2 Likes

i think the Fujisu Scanners are the best… Super Fast and amazing quality. You can easily buy them on Ebay

I have a brother printer as well, and I’m buying the Lynkyo generic from AMAZON… never had an issue with this brand toner. It has saved me good amount of money by not buying their brand (brother)
Just a suggestion :wink:

1 Like

the DW stands for Duplex/Wireless. Only if it has a “T” will it ship with the expansion tray…

1 Like

Just Curious. Do you use generic toner or do you always go with the brand name?

My HP MFP M227fdw started printing with black lines this week. After purchasing the HP toner, and cleaning the printer and the drum the lines didn’t disappear. I’ve always used generic toner, and I could not fix the printing issues, so I purchased a Brother HL L6200DW yesterday and now I’m scared to dabble in the generic.

I have been using dual tray HP Laser Jet Pro MFP M426fdw for 5 years and no issues. I purchase my HP Brand cartridges from GMS Supplies online for 4 years ~ they are half the price of office supply stores, HP, etc. I use HP Multi Purpose 20 paper and shop for best prices each order. Prices vary and some times I have coupons. At times find Kroeger stores sell for buy one ream and get one free which is nice. If this printer dies, will lease machine from Canon/Sharp multiple trays-sort-scan-fax which includes setup, repair, toner, fuser and other parts in monthly lease price equal to one toner cartridge price (approx $200). I know sales agent for Kitsap County WA. Would only need to order paper and not worry about anything else. One day response for repairs.

They companies sending you docs in color print a crazy amount more than you ever will. They most likely also have a print service plan, a machine they lease monthly and includes toner like my wife’s law office does. A solo notary wouldn’t most likely be able to afford that without eating a huge chunk out of profits if they could afford it. I’ve never needed color copies. in 95%+ instances they ask you to sign in blue ink for originals. No need to print in color in my experience.

Good to know. I bought an Epson ES-580W, which was around $400 iirc…
things I love:
FAST. 35-40 pages per minute
Never jams
Doc tray handles 100 pages, and when I had a 220 page set I was able to put the final 20 or so in as it was still scanning the 2nd 100 pages.

Things that are messed up:
it has it’s own app, and the scanner and computer never find each other without a little fidgeting. I’m a software engineer for my day job, so it’s not a big deal, but if a family member were getting into this they’d probably throw it out the window. It can be hooked up with USB which would solve everything, but…it’s on a table behind me! I’d have to move my office to obey the scanner’s demands…grrr…

I will definitely look at the Fujitsu next.

I use HP Laser Jet Pro MFP M148.
I bought it in December 2019 for $240. Never had an issue!
Had to replace an imaging drum in November of 2021 after about 400 refinance/other signings with it (plus clients copies),
It is cheap, Works great, prints crispy clean, scans pretty fast, I just have to scan 30-35 pages at a time but it does not bother me, and now I have a portable scanner.
I always have my Epson XP420 color ink for a back up, that one is about 10 years old and still looks and prints like new. I used it a lot in the past but now I use it only if I need to print something in color.
My HP also has an app where I can use a scanner. It is a very convenient app, the scan works great, it recognized the pages on its own and I dont have to try to make it look nice as it does all the job for me to recognize, to straight up and to bundle the pages.
Everything is wireless, HP works wirelessly, Epson works wirelessly, and my new portable scanner is wireless as well, although I have never paid for any internet cables/connections/moderns/comcasts or whatever they are.