SAMPLE Collection Letter/Demand Letter

I have two companies that are past due. Does anyone have an example of a collection letter?

How far past due? Before sending a letter, I would reach out to them via phone.

1 Like

Thank you. Payments were due the 3rd. I was going to call them tomorrow, but I wanted to have a collection letter just in case.

I think everyone’s definition of past due is different, my definition of past due is two months.

1 Like

Ok thank you. And you are right.

Ultimatum Letter

2/26/2022

Your name
Address
Address

Phone

FINAL NOTICE: Delinquent Payment on Order #

Dear xxxx:

Your account is now seriously delinquent. Payment for Order #xxxx in the amount of $xxx was due by 02/18/2022. To date, no payment has been received.

I have already sent you several letters requesting payment. This is your final notice.

If I do not receive your payment by 03/04/2022, I will turn your account over to a professional debt collection agency.

To avoid this situation, please send your payment immediately to the address below.

Sincerely,

Your name
Address
Phone #

1 Like

Good morning,

I just provided a collection for you! I have had to use this letter this morning for non-payment! I hope this helps!

1 Like

The Past Due status is determined by the payment arrangements that each Business Owner has made with their client(s).

A Past Due condition arises when the hiring party/client fails to remit payment for the professional services provided and that didn’t ARRIVE by the Bill Due Date. For example, the services were professionally provided on 01/10/2022. Payment arrangements were made for receipt of payment within ten (10) calendar days. If the payment hasn’t arrived by 01/21/2022, then the payment is Past Due.

======

For the Business Owner providing professional services, supplies are purchased and the invoice is normally due for those supplies within 25 calendar days. Ergo, to maintain positive cash flow, the business owner will need to ensure that the payment for the services they provide arrive in a sufficient amount of time for them to utilize those funds for payment of the supplies purchased for providing those services.

======

Here is a sample of a Demand Letter: