Saying “I’m available” to a signing

Today I received an offer (not through notary cafe) via text message. It was for a time that I’m available for, so immediately responded YES I’m available. Then I got another text for the same signing about 20 minutes later and it was for more money. Same thing, I answered YES immediately. Finally, a third message comes for the same signing for even more money offered. I said yes I’m available 3 times and still didn’t receive the signing. Is this normal? I am a new notary and would appreciate some insight anyone has to offer.

I’ll take a guess. Someone they ‘preferred’ countered with more $; they tried again somewhere in between; person countered again with the higher fee…and co. accepted. Therein lies the pain of platforms. Many are contacted–only one chosen.

3 Likes

Yes. I have that happen to me all the time. I swear I respond within seconds and never hear back. Does anyone have any advice how to het more assignments This is my second year.

Thank you for sharing your opinion and experiences.

I was thinking of direct marketing. There is one thing holding me back, I haven’t done a signing yet. I was hoping to get my feet wet first. Have you tried direct marketing, felicia1?