Signing Up Signing Services

As a complete beginner, one question I have is … how do I go about contacting signing services? Do I invite them though my snapdocs/notary cafe profiles? Or do I reach out directly through from my email to their email?

1 Like

When I first started I looked at forums like this one and I looked for any topic that talked about signing company experiences. Make a list of the companies that seem to have the most comments containing good experiences. Then make certain that you are looking at the comments from the most recent 12 months. Companies come and go and their business model can change over time. And, one agent’s bad experience is not indicative of a company’s overall flaws in operation. You’ve got to weigh the comments. Don’t just limit your list to signing services, consider escrow/title/lender companies as well. Once you have a good starting list (you can decide what that may be for you), then begin browsing the websites of those companies to look for the notary portal. Most will have an application process that you can access on the website. They will let you know if they are taking applications or hiring in your area at that time. If not, I suggest you check back every couple months, if they don’t invite you to do so.
Bon Chance!

7 Likes

Thank you for your advice.

Best bet is to go to the website for that signing service. They often have an onboarding process direct from their website. Some just ask you to email, but there is usually a clear process for signing up. In any case where there is not, you can always call or email, and ask. And, obviously, the more signing services that you sign up with, the more work you will have.

4 Likes

Great advice, thanks for asking that question

1 Like

Welcome, Notarygoals!

1 Like

I am new and have only done 6 loan signings. I am signing up with another service and its asking for my experience as a notary? What is good verbiage to not express that I am still new?

Obviously you are getting work as a newbie, so don’t see that necessarily as a detriment. Honesty is always the best policy. But, take inventory of your experience. It you have worked in a comparable industry like real estate, personal banking or a title company you may have familiarity with the documents you will be working with as an NSA. Count that time as some of your experience. (If your only past experience was as an aesthetician, that’s not going to work.). Also, if you’ve done one signing a month, that means you’ve got six months of experience. But, if asked about your numbers, I don’t suggest inflating those. There is no way around being a newbie. We were all one at one time.

1 Like