Slow right now?

Hello! I’m in the west Texas area. Is it slow business right now or am I the only not receiving any bids on any assignments?

5 Likes

I have only received 1 today and that is very unusual. I am in North Carolina

2 Likes

Same here. It’s not like this normally.

1 Like

I live in East Texas and signings come through daily. I can’t always accept do to my availability. Check your profile and make sure it’s updated and complete. Check your rating, some signing services do rate you 1 to 5 stars. Always respond whether you’re available or not. Sign up with as many signing services as possible.

2 Likes

Where do I see my ratings?

I am in Florida and it has been really slow, however there are other factors involved such as ratings, and if you made mistakes or missed signatures companies will not choose you over a more accurate or seasoned signer.

1 Like

No question things are slower in Arizona. I think lenders have pulled back somewhat, not willing to take on the ridiculous appraisal numbers. People paying stupid amounts of money buying homes. I think.

As well, even with just a small uptick in interest rates, the pool of people who would benefit from a refinance shrinks, stifling the largest source of business for many of us for many months now. I don’t mind, really, but then this work isn’t my only source of household income. More like an exercise in keeping me off the golf course, which I am now slowly changing back to.

Too many notaries in my market, all chasing the same business. SigningAgent.com lists SIXTY NNA-Certified notaries within 5 miles of my zip code. Most have a year or less experience, too.

3 Likes

Thank you, that sounds exactly like out here for the moment also. I’m hoping it will pick up though, because right not this is my only income.

1 Like

How do I see my ratings? I have gone back into almost every website, I’ve received assignments from and can’t see where to find my ratings.

Are you in or near a major city? I’m near Houston, and it’s busy out here! I’m sure that other major cities and nearby suburbs in Texas are also busy.

About your rating-
Some title companies and agencies show your rating online, others have your rating, but don’t show it online.

You will know if you have a ratings issue by whether or not you have had any “defects” in recent signings (missed signatures, stamps, dates, initials), or any other issues- (returned a signing to the scheduler at the last minute; missed an appointment; lender received a complaint about you from the signer).

If you’ve had any of the above issues, then your rating could be the cause of your not getting work. Sign up with more title companies; double-triple check your work before you send it back; get that package signed timely, reliably, and personably. You’ll get more work-

If you have shown yourself to be reliable, able to return a perfectly executed package, timely- then your rating should be good, and it’s just that the companies you’re signed up with are experiencing a slow down. Sign up with more title companies, they pay more than signing agencies. You’ll get more work-
Good luck!

2 Likes

Thank you Stephanie! That’s great insight. I live in the Odessa/Midland area, and I’ve been doing this for 3 yrs now. I’ve seen slow times, but this is probably the slowest I’ve seen. I’m not perfect, but never made major mistakes or cancelled. I actually don’t think I’ve had an error in a very time(knocking on wood). I have thought of reaching out to title companies I’ve worked with before but I’m afraid to upset the notary companies that the title companies have gone through. I’m appreciative of the notary companies that have continuously called me out. Would it be terrible to reach out to the title companies to try to get assignments directly through them?

1 Like

Hello!
You may not get anywhere with the title companies that use signing agencies. You’ll want to contact those title companies that work directly with notaries, ie. Amrock, Mortgage Connect, etc. notaryrotary.com lists a lot of those national title companies. Call those and sign up. Do you do cash outs?

4 Likes

Yes I do. Thank you again! I’m definitely going to look into it👍🏻

It has been a bit of a roller coaster this month, but I talked to one of my direct title companies about the slow down and she said they were hit this month by the title ransomware attack and lost everything. She expects it to start back up next week. So perhaps others are experiencing the same. I also heard rates have ticked down again, but that was last week.

3 Likes

Thank you for that info. I was not aware of the attack, but I’m definitely praying for more work next week.

1 Like

Sllllooowwww here too. Looking for potential additional side hustles.

3 Likes

Thanks so much for this info!

Hi. Thank you for posting this question. I too live in west Texas and business is extremely slow. This is my only income at the moment. This post has started a conversation that I needed as I do not know any agents in my area.

3 Likes

Thank you for your response. This is my only income at the time also and it makes me nervous to be this slow. I hope it starts to pick up next week!!! Praying so much!!!

1 Like

Western PA - Its been the quietest week here for me too.

Finally had one come in late in day today . But it has been slim pickings otherwise.

1 Like