Slow right now?

You did not read the entire article apparently. If you care to know then read the section HIPAA and Proof of Vaccine Status.

You may want to read your post again as well. "No, your medical records and history is nobody’s business whether you, personally, want it to be or not. It is private and protected under federal law. If you are actively sick, then you should quarantine, otherwise your vaccination status is not public information. There’s a reason the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) exists. Look it up.

Things have started to pick back up in Michigan. Was told that many were postponing refi’s due to travel since it’s summer

Yes, your medical records and history are private and protected under federal law. HIPAA is one of the laws that protects your medical records and history. Thanks for reiterating that.

1 Like

HIPAA does not apply in these cases as HIPAA only applies to HIPAA-covered entities – healthcare providers, health plans, and healthcare clearinghouses – and their business associates.

I dislike getting into a back and forth with you, but it is important that people understand how HIPAA works.

As a business owner, you should want your customers to feel safe in your presence from CoVid, whether it be by sharing your vaccination status or wearing a mask. If you aren’t vaccinated or don’t want to share or even wear a mask then turn the signing down.

2 Likes

If you dislike it, then stop talking.

I didn’t say HIPAA applied in this case. I said it was a federal law that protected private health information. You are really struggling to read and understand that.

“Shaming should” statements are so irritating and most importantly, unneeded. Worry about yourself and your own business, rather than policing others online, which you seem determined to do. Now, unlike you, I have more important things to focus on than this “back and forth”, so this exchange is over.

3 Likes

There was absolutely no need to be that rude. CoVid and vaccinations have everyone on edge and it is important that referencing HIPAA doesn’t add more confusion, or conflict with a signing service. That is why I brought it up. We are all working on a common goal :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It’s slower in Pennsylvania as well.

What part of NC? I’m outside Charlotte.

I am also outside of Charlotte, Union County.

I agree with you.
Whether it’s HIPAA or NOT. First off…anybody asking anyone if they had been vaccinated is completely “none of their business”. Why? Because being vaccinated protects the individual NOT the “other person”. Therefore it’s really a stupid question to ask. Wearing a mask protects the individual Not other people.

The bottom line is I think lots of people are confused about what the vaccine does. It’s supposed to protect the “individual” from the deadly effects of the virus. That’s it.

Therefore because being vaccinated is a personal presence for that individual’s protection and not others. It’s is no ones business whether someone is vaccinated or not.

4 Likes

Isn’t the vaccine supposed to reduce the odds of you getting the virus so if you have the vaccine won’t that make the signer feel more comfortable because the odds of you having the virus are significantly reduced because you have had the shot? Wouldn’t it feel more comfortable to just tell them if you are vaccinated then they usually say that they are vaccinated too and everyone feels more comfortable? I just like things to be comfortable and nothing to hide.

3 Likes

According to the news lately there have been people who have been “fully” vaccinated and have tested positive for the virus because they had experienced some mild symptoms.
So just as long as ALL persons wear their masks this should be sufficient enough. No reason to explain to another person your vaccination status.
It’s the fully vaccinated people who are NOT wearing their mask who are catching and spreading the virus.

Once again…”that person” that is vaccinated is a protection for “that person”…not the signer. The signer himself may not be vaccinated. But they should be vaccinated for “their” protection against the virus not “yours”.

Being vaccinated does not reduce the chance of getting the virus…it just helps against the deadly effects of the virus (hopefully).

Are you going to ask the signer for proof of vaccination?

2 Likes

Just had this happen to me last Friday - had my hair done - small personal one-chair shop - part way started (her hubby was there too - we’re all friends of 10-15 years) - he announces he’s been sick as heck for two days - fever, cold, yada yada - and she then tells me she’s sniffly and has a sore throat - no masking btw - I KNOW these people! Long story short they got tested next day - they’re both positive - and she’s vaccinated.

Hubby and I are vaccinated but we still got tested - negative, thankfully, but it’s been a long week and we’ve been quarantined since last Friday (good thing he’s my best friend…lol)

And btw - this Delta variant is highly transmissible and more infectious and deadly, as is the Lambda and that other one out of Columbia (without a Greek name yet) that’s hitting Southern Florida.

All I know is from now on I’m masking up -

5 Likes

Thanks be to God, you and hubby are negative. :pray:t5:

1 Like

Yes it slowing down for me here in Nashville, TN.

2 Likes

I worry it will slow down because I keep hearing on the news about “the great resignation” they’re saying people are quitting. I don’t know if lenders and escrow are having or will face turnaround soon. I also hear lenders have slowed on lending but have not researched this yet.

I knew it, the days of traditional jobs and the way things have been traditionally done in society are going to be changing.

2 Likes

I try to use any down time to search for a partner right now.

I was also thinking the same. I just receive one in a day and I’m quite worried about it