Strange Signings

$600 - $100 per loan. Excellent incentive.

1 Like

Well nowww, I have actually accomplished complicated things in my life. Maybe Iā€™ll be open minded:-)

The oddest notarization so far, was for a contract on a herd of cattle between a rancher and stock buyer. The locations 1/4 mile off a dirt road in the pasture surrounded by the cattle that were headed to slaughter. Only in Texas.

Iā€™ve been lucky. Some ā€œcootieā€ houses and a few hoods of a car, but yesterday I went to the wifeā€™s place of work, where her husband met us. It was some kind of factory that made things for military? They wouldnā€™t even let us sit at the picnic tables on the property, so we went around the corner to a restaurant that didnā€™t have indoor seating yet (NJ just reopened inside dining), so hood of my car it was.

2 Likes

That is a great experience.

What did you do about the ID not matching? Did you leave without him/her signing?

These days, I carry a small folding patio table and 2 folding metal stools in the back of my car. If the borrowersā€™ home is out of the question, a covered corner outside a WalMart or Winco will do in a pinch. The stores donā€™t seem to mind, and I am very careful to stay away from foot traffic. (Restaurants here are open only at half capacity, and no coffee shops yet)

Not ideal, and as weather worsens no longer viable, but the solution came in handy several times.

1 Like

Interesting, how did you conduct or explain the signing process?

Quickly. Not surprisingly, in that environment signers tend toward a ā€œjust sign and get doneā€ mentality, particularly when I point out that they have a rescission period in which to peruse their documents at their warm, comfortable leisure.

Oh, the BIG one? Prep work beforehand, took four people at a time (all men, then all women - easier for me to keep the names straight and I find that couples often do not do well together in a group). Put a big card in the middle with the date on it, put another card in front of each with the required version of their name. Made my explanations to each quartet, put them under oath, and started passing documents.

Delete, didā€™t see the answer.

Prep work beforehand, took four people at a time (all men, then all women - easier for me to keep the names straight and I find that couples often do not do well together in a group). Put a big card in the middle with the date on it, put another card in front of each with the required version of their name. Made my explanations to each quartet, put them under oath, and started passing documents.

1 Like