[Take Action] The SECURE Notarization Act of 2021 Letter Campaign

This is a CALL TO ACTION for ALL NOTARIES!

The SECURE Notarization Act of 2021 is currently assigned to the United States SENATE JUDICIARY COMMITTEE awaiting a hearing date.

The SECURE Notarization Act of 2021 was introduced by Senators Mark Warner, VA and Kevin Cramer, ND and, if passed, will authorize REMOTE ONLINE NOTARIZATION in all states and authorize all U.S. Notaries to perform electronic and online notarizations immediately.

The CLIN is opposing the SECURE Notarization Act of 2021 for many reasons including, data privacy concerns, liability concerns, market consolidation by large companies, and most importantly, the bill would overrule state legislatures and would interfere with states’ long standing ability to enact and enforce their own laws regarding the authenticity of critical documents by imposing vague federal minimum standards for notarization.

We must make our voices heard! Click below to submit a letter of opposition. Our goal is 10,000 letters, if just 100 notaries from each state participates, we will reach our goal and stop this bill in it’s tracks.

TAKE ACTION NOW!

3 Likes

Good Morning Matt :sparkles:

Thank you for drafting sample template letters to the Senators for the SECURE Act. I preferred Letter 3 and performed some editing throughout for personalization.

In addition, in my letter I included the overarching concern of the predominance of Virtual Private Network [VPN] use across the globe, which precludes the identification of the signers’ actual location. Thus, the client could state they’re in the US, but could actually be physically located in Nigeria, etc.

Printed two letters [one to each Senator] & will mail them today. :white_check_mark:

Also included within the envelope a single business card as further substantiation that the communication they’re receiving is not from some ‘mass mail’ organization.

P.S. Thank you very much, Matt, for all your efforts in this regard. :angel::pray::yellow_heart:

1 Like

Good idea to attach a business card to it.

1 Like

You’re welcome CnSa5. Thanks for your participation and please help spread the word to your notary friends. Our goal is 10K letters and if just 100 notaries from each state participate, we’ll meet our goal. Thanks again for your support!

1 Like

Thank you for posting those letters. I printed them out and will personalize and send them.

I sent you an email this week about another matter. Did you receive it?

June Siegel-Hill
VA

Hello Matt,
My letters are personalized and printed.
I’ll be mailing them out right after my signing today.
Thanks so much for the templates. They’re so easy to personalize and print.
Notaries nationwide need somebody like you with ears to the ground.

JLA in Georgia

Thanks JLA for your participation and support. Please let your notary buddies know. Our goal is 10K letters and if just 100 notaries from every state participates, we will meet our goal and stop this bill in it’s tracks. Let me know if you have any questions and how I can help!

1 Like

Thanks June! You can now download word file so that you don’t have to retype them. Also, I just replied to your email. Let me know how I can help!

Thanks, Matt. I received it.
Those letters are really substantial. I’m going to work on getting them sent today.

1 Like