Thanks A Lot, Freedom Mortgage

Will you folks ever get it that booking the notary days in advance, then not bothering to tell them the signing is cancelled until the last minute really hurts our income? You expect great things, perfect documents, from us, but then stick it to us when you don’t communicate on a timely basis.

2 Likes

Freedom is not the only lender that does it to us. Nation Star is real bad too. I book extra appts when I know it is certain companies. Things are slowing down and they are cutting fees to all time lows. I refuse to do a refi for less than $100 if its more than 20 miles I add to the fee.

3 Likes

Amen. I agree :100:!!!

1 Like

In this particular instance, when I called the signer to confirm, she herself told me she believed the signing was cancelled. I immediately contacted the settlement agent I partner with, relayed what the signer told me, and asked them to verify with Freedom. The appointment was for the next day, leaving me with time to MAYBE fill the spot if it was indeed cancelled. I waited for an answer, and waited, and waited.100% certain I took a pass on at least two other assignments while I waited. None ever came, and the time slot was wasted–again.

With the decline in requests for services that has gone on in my market in the Phoenix metro, I do not need bogus appointments to waste my time with. There’s already ferocious competition–meaning far too many notaries–chasing the few opportunities that do come along. I absolutely DETEST the cattle call e-blasts that go out with most services. Zero respect for the established and highly qualified notaries that these companies have partnered with for years. I’m maybe fortunate that I am anticipating retiring this year (for the third time in my life), and not entirely unhappy that biz is slowing down. I do not know what the local notaries who rely on this business to feed their families are going to do. Me–I will just go play more golf.