To those who love dogs in signings

Lol!!! That’s all the more fun to roll around with!!! :heart:

1 Like

Yes, they aren’t all well behaved! I love them when they’re as good as Shadow, but most are too excited to be that good. I prefer cats!

If only I had the time to play with them!:joy:

2 Likes

I was met at the door with about 8 barking dogs and their owner. He opened the door and three of them made an exit. The owner was not happy, but at that same time, he received a phone call. I went into the house and saw pee puddles and poop on the floor. While the owner talked on the phone, I went to open the door and let the wondering dogs back into the house. At the kitchen table there was only one chair, but off to the side was a nice soft up-right chair that he said I could pull over to the table. After I sat down, I knew this was a mistake. The dogs continued to investigate and I could not leave fast enough, go home shower and bag my clothes for the cleaners. Oh what fun lol lol

1 Like

Got bit by a dog that I asked to have put in another room. I left right after being bit, called animal control, ended the closing, and headed to the local urgent care clinic. Long story short the dog was not vaccinated and had to be euthanized to test for rabies. I got the first round of rabies preventative when I learned the dog was not infected.

The signer was issued a citation for vaccinating and is threatening to file suite against me for his dog being euthanized. I’ve sent him the bill for medical services. We’ll see how this ends.

1 Like

Depending on your laws in your state - the homeowner is ultimately responsible for any injury to anyone on their property - most insurance policies provide for a certain dollar amount of medical bills just for situations like this.

If he threatens to sue you again just let him know you’re going to get an attorney and file a claim for personal injury - liability is clear in a dog bite on someone’s property - many insurance companies don’t even argue those with the claimant. Ask him for a copy of the dec page for his homeowner’s insurance and contact them - open a claim with them - I guarantee your bills will be paid - and then some.

Good luck

2 Likes

DANG!!! What a mess!!!

LindaH is 100 percent correct - the homeowners policy has two separate coverages that will help you-“medical payments to others” is usually $5,000 per occurrence, and “personal liability” is usually a minimum $300,000 on up. I was an insurance claims adjuster and I can tell you, the insurance company is going to take care of physical and mental distress, loss of wages, etc. QUICKLY.

What a shame, for all parties involved. Unfortunately not all pet owners are responsible, and fortunately most are but this is a terrible shame. I’m sorry for your injuries, I hope you’ve recovered.

1 Like

This is why many dog breeds are excluded from coverage.

1 Like

Put the children up and leave the dogs out. When you walk in and the dog(s) rush up to you, STAND STILL, do not speak or move your arms, be a tree. Let the dog get your scent. Then you can offer an ear scratch. If you have dogs or cats trust me the borrowers dog can smell them.

2 Likes

Today, I got to meet Jenny the dog, and inside a large 6 ft tank were 3 fishes-Goldie, silver and gold , and the terminator! :joy:

1 Like

I love the doggos. Only animal I ever had issues with was a mean cat. Scratched me two times one year apart and drew blood!

1 Like

A family member told them to file a claim with their homeowner’s carrier. I got the call yesterday from the claims adjuster. Gathering invoices, missed income, and ancillary damages. The adjuster is being very cooperative. I’m not going to gouge them with frivolous claims.

The Dog’s owner is heart broken that their pet had to be put down to test for rabies. Fortunately the dog was not infected and not more follow up injections of monitoring. Whew!

4 Likes

Glad to hear you pursued this and I admire your not wanting to gouge them. I hope these people learned a lesson about getting dogs vaccinated…and hope you’re healing well.

1 Like

All is well. I was back to work the next day. I did include the cost of new trousers in my claim.

3 Likes

Most dogs are good ‘people’. A loud TV and smell of Marijuana are much more troubling.

It’s only the little ones that try to impregnate my shin that I don’t like.

1 Like

Dang that’s hardcore! Hope you’re ok but yikes.

1 Like

Lol no one has any idea how difficult it can be.

1 Like

This little guy insisted on sitting with me - not next to me but under my arm! I told his owners that I’d let him do quality control!

8 Likes

HAHAHA HAHA!!! oh that is soooo sweet…what was his name?

Isn’t that just the best?