WARNING: Do Not Do Signings For Jellyfish Signings

From Signing Order:

“If we get complaints about the same company from multiple different notaries, we look into the situation to ensure that the notary was in fact NOT paid and then if they are habitual non-payers we have been known to remove them from the platform.”

I have still not been paid but per their response
PLEASE EVERYONE who has not been paid by Jellyfish Signings, REPORT REPORT REPORT!!!
https://www.signingorder.com/contact

2 Likes

@jlarsen.notarysf Thank You for sharing your update with the Notary Cafe members.

P.S. You may want to take a few minutes and review the threads for this business entity & send direct messages [DMs] to the other Professional Signing Agents [PSAs] who also haven’t been paid and specifically provide them with the recommendation from Signing Order so they know how to REPORT their direct experiences as well.

:swan:

Hey! Notary here in Columbus Ohio. I completed a signing for this company in December of 22 and have not received payment. I have called and sent emails this week. I was unaware that there was such a big issue until reading this thread. Now I am wondering if I will ever get paid.

All 7 of my last signings with him are all now overdue and the only response I’ve gotten thus far since his “We’ll look into it” in December has been his one tactless reply here on this thread.

Sorry this happened to you too and I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Here in the San Francisco Bay Area I have not seen any Jellyfish orders sent out through Signing Order for a few weeks now, so I’m hoping they’ve put a stop to him doing this to others and finally kicked him off the platform but maybe he’s putting out orders elsewhere?

I have 2 signings (1/23/23 & 3/3/23) now pasted due and no payment as of yet. Tried both email and call and nothing. Definitely don’t suggest working with them with this lack of communication.

@Ndaulton

@antoniokallojeri Perchance did you see this post earlier within this thread?

======

Also, this is a direct url link to a Notary Cafe post that is a Step-by-Step guide for assistance with collection of Professional Signing Agent [PSA] fees:

Well
 Let me add to the list of unpaid notaries for JFS. I have sent several emails and no reply. Why do we have to beg for payment from this company? I went out of my way for this company on this signing.

Please note I have 2 unpaid notaries and this is the latest I got back from them:

“Hello,
If we had the means to pay today we would.
We have also been underpaid from our clients and it working to resolve this issue as quickly as possible.

Jellyfish Signings LLC”

Ouch!! “If we had the means to pay today we would” - again ouch!!

After admitting that I hope they are not still contracting out work they can’t (or won’t be able to) pay for.

Adding to the list of Notaries that have been stiffed by this company, I did two jobs in February and have yet to receive any response to my many queries for payment.

It’s hard times out there isn’t it

In order to complete the Official Bankruptcy Forms that make up the petition, statement of financial affairs, and schedules, the debtor must provide a list of all creditors and the amount and nature of their claims;

Why haven’t we been notified?

Maybe because the poster stated they said they’re “in the process of filing bankruptcy”

This excuse for non-payment used to be another one used in the past when notaries questioned where their payment was - that along with “bookkeeper out ill” or “we changed accounts” or “our account got hacked” or 
or
or

You get it. You’re absolutely right - they have to provide a list of their creditors and all creditors are notified by the trustee of the pending bankruptcy petition along with a Proof of Claim and instructions on how, when and where to file.

Anyone owed money should search to find out the location of the company and find out what district they are in for bankruptcy filings
then keep an eye on a case popping up.

I notice Mr Dalton has not posted here in quite some time refuting recent claims of non-payment

I will post updates as I get them. He notified me because today was the day that I was going to file for arbitration as per the Notary Agreement. At least that saved me $800.00.

Still waiting for payment or any kind of response from Jellyfish signings for several jobs. I’m never going to stop requesting payment for the jobs I have completed on their behalf.

@john7 By any chance did you try the two suggestions I previously provided? Touch on the direct Notary Cafe url link below & it’ll take you to it:

It’s easy to say that we should vet any company that offers us a job that we haven’t worked for in the past. I don’t disagree with that philosophy. The fact of the matter though, is that we literally have nanoseconds to decide whether to accept a job or not. Nobody is going to wait for us to “check them out” properly before assigning the job to another notary. I think the best that we can reasonably do is to not take a 2nd job from them until the first one has been paid for.

@steves11 Hmmm . . .

There is a bit of nuance within the suggestion provided: “It’s always wise to research & vet a new client prior to providing a definitive confirmation to them for your initial Signing Order . . .”

When accepting a Signing Order from a business entity that you’ve never previously worked for and you’ve never researched their reputation, simply express that you’ll “provide the definitive confirmation that you’ve Accepted this Signing Order after vetting their business.”

Most are completely understanding. In the past, one scheduler was quite hesitant and uttered a few “space fillers” and then admitted they had "a not-so-great reputation, but they really wished I’d give them a chance . . . "

In other words, her priority was to FILL the Signing Order.

I asked her to hold on for just a moment, I jumped onto Notary Café and there were MULTIPLE threads that referenced Alerts, Warnings, etc.

I then simply told her that I performed a cursory Search and that I would need to Decline the Signing Order due to the negative reviews or poor payment history, etc.

======

It’s true that it doesn’t often happen with that amount of candor. Sometimes the scheduler acts as if they have a ‘hot potato’ in their hands and they are rushing to offload it to ANYONE & are in a RUSH to get off the phone with you! Of course, in those instances, exercise caution.

As one of our very experienced sages has expressed regarding working with business entities new to you: “Grab it and research while they’re ‘deciding’ promptly afterward. If you get it and don’t want it—give it back PRONTO
and tell 'em why.”

Her insights & guidance is a mirror reflection of what I expressed above in the original post WARNING: Do Not Do Signings For Jellyfish Signings - #3 by cNsa5 and within this one. Thank you for bringing attention to this nuanced element of my insights.

I do have been burned by Jellyfish Signings. My signing was in December 2022 and after numerous emails to them have not been paid. Never again.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.