WARNING: N3 Notary - Anyone ever work for them before?

I am a new notary in Florida. I was contacted by N3 to do an I-9 singing 45 minutes from my home. They said I had to register with them first. they wanted me to upload a photo copy of my Driver’s License, copies of all documents completed with the National Notary Association. Their contract included a no-compete paragraph. I tried to call them to get clarification. Left messages. No response. I read the various comments several of you posted. My first thoughts are they are not legit or not credible. Is all of this normal with signing agent companies. I’m not a trusting person.

1 Like

I’m new here, and this marketing idea makes total sense if you can identify the companies needing notary services.
Now I’m trying to think of how to do it.

I would strongly encourage everyone not to work for this company.

1. they beg you to take the assignment
  2. they want to pay $20 for the job - I9 verification.
  3. After arguing about what I will be paid for the said job, especially for travel fee.
  4. Received payment for the $20 - now you leave phone calls, emails with no response.

I would run like HECK from this company.

1 Like

I did 2 jobs for them and have yet to get paid.

I had the same experience with them last night. I countered with $50.00 because they wanted me to drive to Alamogordo and gas is about 3.60 a gallon right now, plus time. They sent me paperwork for my credentials, which I took time to return and I haven’t heard back as of yet for a job for tomorrow.

1 Like

Run folks run away from them!!:grimacing::pleading_face:

1 Like

I was always getting timely payments and they were always correct, but in the last month or two I have gotten three incorrect payments that they have not corrected and they are not responding to inquiries about. I have called accounting and left messages, I have written accounting with the list of incorrect amounts, I have left messages on the main voicemail box and am out of ideas. Does anyone have any info on how to get through to accounting?

This is my formal complaint on my very first job:

Notary Service Department Supervisor,

I was on my first job for N3 Notary in Somerville.

It was so extremely unprofessional from the side of N3 Notary. Mary for N3 Notary was degrading and unprofessional. The client laughed at the end and ran off to her apartment. I was mortified walking to my car after the appointment. I returned to my car to call N3 Notary to report my appointment. I spoke with Mark-who was extremely degrading and very rude.

I was never told nor taught how the first appointments were to be performed until you are a “trusted” agent. I am a Notary and was expecting a Notary assignment not to be belittled in front of a client.

I have an assignment tomorrow (111111) take me off the appointment. I will not be associated with a company that operates in these types of situations and behaviors

I will be writing a formal complaint and certifying it to the CEO of N3 Notary.

2 Likes

Awful- is an understatement!

1 Like

Cheri - what in the world kind of assignment did you accept from them? I have so many more questions…but will hold off for now.

2 Likes

Just signed up for a class, but after seen this post I will turn the other way - Running Away!
Thanks guys for the info.

2 Likes

Hey, can you send me information for the CEO? This company is so unprofessional! I did a I-9 for the company and my clients asks me did I have the number to file an complaint. I call N3 Notary, and a man name Mark got a attitude with me. The customer service is terrible, WHEN THEY WILL ANSWER THE PHONE!

1 Like

They still owe me money from Jan. They tried to get out of paying me many times, but needed me to do I9s for them, which I would not do until payment, so they eventually paid me for the other signings. However, this last one, is uncollectible, and yes, I tried contacting Mark too. Read up on him. There is plenty on the internet about him.

Run far far away from them. Negotiated over fees, they ended up only paying base fees after it was said and done. Complete waste of time and money. They will not respond to you short-paid me &no one will handle it. I took it as a loss and lesson learned.

Everytime they call me with an order I state I want prepayment and they never assign it to me.

1 Like

FYI: Remember that some unscrupulous business owners/Signing Service [SS] owners may go ahead and provide payment and then reduce it or reverse it in totality at a later time.

:swan:

Send the collection letters. They are on the NNA website. You can also google collection companies they will take your case no matter how small.