WARNING: Not knowing if offers are real - The Vantage Law Firm, LLC

---------- Original Message ----------

To: Gloria Jihad dahiyah4@comcast.net

Date: 09/07/2022 10:09 AM

Subject: Re: NOTARY NEEDED ON FRIDAY 09/09/2022

Thank you in advance for handling the following closing:

File Number: 1791373 [Refi]

Date : Friday, September 9, 2022

In the secure link below you will find all the documents that the borrower needs to sign for the closing . I tried to upload it on our website, but we are having some problems uploading it. Kindly click on the link below to download and accept the closing. The closing location and the borrower’s contact details are in the secured docs below, you will also find a list of all the documents that are in the secured link

NOTE: KINDLY LOG ON WITH ANY KIND OF EMAIL YOU USE, THE MICROSOFT IS SYNC TO OPEN THE DOC AS SOON AS YOU LOG IN WITH YOUR EMAIL

Fee: $250

Borrower Docs

Payoff Statement

FedEx Label (send back originals)

Closing Package

Notary Checklist – Buyer’s Purchase

AOT Docs

Download full resolution images

Click To Download

Nathan Unsigned docs 329785 .PDF

21.3 MB

Post-Closing Requirements
Within 2 hours of completing your closing, please update us using one of the following options:

Option 1: Download the ‘Signing Catch’ app from the Apple App Store or from Google Play.

Option 2: Log into your account and click Update Status.

You are required to update us, so we can let the title company know the closing is complete. For us to authorize payment, your update must be received within 2 hours of the closing date and time.

Need to Cancel?
Reply to this confirmation email or use the unassign option in Signing Catch.

Finally, please download and review the document

Thank you and make it a great day!

Thank You,

Daniela Roca

Legal Assistant

The Vantage Law Firm, LLC

11 Broadway #615,

New York, NY 10004

Welllllll
there have been a lot of scams under this TC’s name, BUT this appears to be thru a platform.
EXCEPT no phone # given. Red Flag. I wouldn’t click link until I googled, got a phone #, called & spoke to lady. As you don’t seem to have ‘accepted this thru said platform’ prior to getting this
SCAM

1 Like

DITTO
 If it seems tooooo good to be true. It is TOO good to be true !

1 Like

Yes, FACTS thank you so much

I did reply but did not open any links. My computer sent it to spam. I hope everything is ok

Definitely spam, I received the same email from Daniela Roca and Trisha Robertson.

I am new to outside notary. I have mainly done work related notaries. So, I may be over cautious about emails, but this email has a few red flags for me, but I would rather be safe than sorry. There is no phone number to contact an actual person. When it says “I tried to upload it on our website, but we are having some problems uploading it” is a really big flag for me. This tells me that you must that link and no other way. I don’t click links in emails unless I can verify from the sender. This might be wrong in the notary business, but I am not taking any chances. Then there is the “NOTE” about any email you use. This just has too many red flags for me. I would even go to saying this could not only be a scam but as some call a PHISHING email. That once you click the link it downloads malware.

Please let me know if you think I am being over cautious with this.

Can’t be too cautious with any e-mail. Having said that, I’ve also gotten some quite lucrative oddball interesting business from e-mails (& phone calls) that are kinda WTH-looking/sounding at first blush. IMHO, some of these pan out & are worth the time to check 'em out. Gooogle is your friend for this.

1 Like