WARNING: Prestige Notary - Non Payment

Ive done a few closings for this company and they are always a slow payer, I recently did a closing on May 8th, and it is now July 16th, 2023. I have emialed there accounting departmemt, emailed there order department and left several voice message no one get backe to me on when I am going to get paid. Its ridulous we run and do the lasy minute closings for these companies the least they can do is pay us on time. I should not have to go after them for my money. IF anyone has any advice or experience with them please let me know. Thank you

3 Likes

@chorne16 Sorry to read about your direct experience with Prestige Notary. Unfortunately, there is a very long & quite troubled history of non-payment and obfuscation with Professional Notary Signing Agents [PSAs] over the course of MANY, MANY years with this business entity . . .

======

This information is immediately available within the GOLDMINE database on Notary Cafe forums.
It’s very insightful & helpful.

It’s always wise to research & vet a new client prior to providing a definitive confirmation to them for your initial Signing Order for them.

Many members find it difficult/nearly impossible to locate the Search Function in order to access the wealth of info available within the database.

To be helpful, I’ve inserted an image for you & others [see below] to help members locate it to unlock the wisdom & knowledge of other members on the forums.

Accessing the database to locate info about potential clients has saved many of us an inordinate amount of time ‘chasing’ payments for Services professionally provided to potential non-payers . . .

======

I’ve performed a cursory Search on your behalf of the database. There is a very long PAGE (36 threads) from those Search results:

https://forum.notarycafe.com/search?q=Prestige%20Notary

:swan:

1 Like

I don’t know why companies take so long to pay. You would think they would pay in about a week after their closing day. Title companies close them and the money is usually distributed to all on the closing day. So the notary company has their money within a couple days and should just pay their bill to the notary shortly after receiving their money. Waiting 30 days is even rediculous to me.

5 Likes

Not always - items listed on the CD are disbursed same day…but if the SS or the notary is paid out of the TC’s operating account, that may not be sent out until TC gets around to paying their bills.

That’s one way to hide our fees from the borrower’s eyes.

Went through the same thing - over 60 days past due - had to b**tch at Toni to get her to pay me but I did get paid - she is 1 SS I will never work for again. We are not the only ones having problems - if you go the other forums you will see the complaints over there as well - I did call Title and advise them what she is doing so they were on notice - Title sent me a copy of the check proving they paid her -

1 Like

I’m having the same issue with them for signings done in May and early June. I’ve emailed and called to no avail. They’re usually pretty good with paying or at least acknowledging my emails checking for status.

The longer the payment interval is often an indicator of a cash flow problem.

Isn’t prestige notary also known as notary dash?

They’re both owned by Jennifer Garland, but Notary Dash is a platform.

Ok, Thanks for your response. When you get an assignment from this platform, should you submit an invoice every time you complete an assignment or do the companies use the information from the website to send you payment?

Yes, they require you invoice them. Here is their payment policy:

“ACCOUNTING | Please be sure to upload your W9 to your notary profile in NotaryDash. You can do this by logging into NotaryDash, clicking on Notary Profile, then scrolling down to Add Credential. Email an individual or monthly invoice to Accounting@PrestigeNotaries.com for payment. You must include Prestige Notaries’ Order # (not File #), Signer’s last name, appointment date, and contracted notary fee on your invoice. Invoices are processed within 30 days of receipt and paid the following Friday. Please allow any inquiries sent to Accounting@PrestigeNotaries.com 2 business days to respond.”

Yes Prestige notary is a very slow payer. If i have yo constantly ask to be paid and wait over 60 days then im done.

Hi, I recently had an issue with them. I did 2 jobs for them on the same day back on July 11th. I just recently got paid for one of them 2 days ago, and I’m still waiting for the 2nd one. I have also had the same experience with them not returning phone calls/emails. I went straight to the title company. The title company did not sound happy, told me they had already paid Prestige and that I am not the first one to call them to complain. Going forward I will only do jobs for them for no less than $75.00.

1 Like

Yup, still waiting on payment from 12/8/23.

There are a few others that you should be aware of. and a few un-professional ones.