What do I do?

I have a state of Tennessee Initial Escrow Account Disclosure Statement and it doesn’t have Mr or Mrs Petterson’s name uder the signature line it just has a P. So, I didn’t have them sign it, now title wants me to have it signed and scanned back. I have no issue with doing it just don’t think that it is legal and there name should be there not a P

2 Likes

Not your call. Just get it done (yes they are usually signed) and have borrowers print their names under signature lines

5 Likes

Thank you LindaH-FL. I"m getting it signed just needed a little clarification.

2 Likes

Just have it signed. They can figure out later if it’s valid or not. It’s not your job to determine that.

4 Likes

Thank you Steves11. I had never seen this before where it was just a letter under signature line so, wasn’t sure if I could get into trouble with her signing. I know now and thank you all. It has been signed and loan docs shipped.

1 Like

If something doesn’t look right, go with your gut, and call title/lender and ask. They would prefer you asking over not having something signed. Plus, they’ll know you’re paying attention to detail. That’s how you’ll get more work.

4 Likes

So, long story short. They signed and wrote their name under the signature line and I sent docs out now Signing Service (First Class Signing) wants me to go back out there on my dime and have the signers resign the same document that title had to correct the names at signature line because it was VOID due their error. ARE YOU KIDDING ME! I don’t mind fixing my error or going through and making sure documents are what they need to be but to ask me to go back 1.5 hours one way on their error. I don’t think so, but I did say I would do so for another fee. CRICKETS…

1 Like

Signatures always required. In the future…
CALL FROM THE TABLE WITH A QUESTION.
OR BETTER CALL THE TITLE COMPANY WHEN U PRINT AND PREP A DOC
U can see the signatures lines and any questions you may have . ASK THEN before you go .
Ive been doing that for years .
Dont forget you are notarizing Signatures not content
Title will probably love you for clarifying.
Now you have to go back and get it done …2 trips one fee
Not professional
Goid luck

1 Like

Exactly…and stick to it!! Further, it doesn’t even require notarization…so let them send it to the borrowers and let borrowers print it out (or get it printed), sign it and scan/fax back or mail. Asking you to go back out there again is just ridiculous…you have other clients and other assignments to tend to

4 Likes

WAIT …YOU HAD SIGNERS SIGN AND PRINT THEIR NAMES PER TITLE INSTRUCTION?
NOW IT WAS REJECTED AND THEY WANT YOU TO GO FIX IT.
Ok. If you have time to go travel 3 hours
My fee would be $150…
Since it wasnt your error the second time

4 Likes

I couldn’t agree more.

This is one of those situations filed under live and learn.

1 Like

Your only option is to get direction from the Title Company as to how they want that document executed. And when you do, make sure you get the instructions “IN WRITING” so you are protected if the instructions provided to you by the Title Company turn out to be wrong. Remember, your job is to follow the instructions of the Title Company not to act as an interpreter of the documents.

2 Likes

Who authorized you to write their names under the line and have it signed? It should have been corrected by the lender with the proper name beneath the signature line.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.