What is the best way to carry large document packages around? (Legal and Letter sized pages)

This sounds similar to what cNsa5 had mentioned right after you. I like that style bag a lot.

I also put the label on the package as soon as I print the docs. And if scans are not required, I seal up the package at the signing table after doing my double check of the docs. This way none will spill out! :slight_smile:

I use a rolling catalog case as the packages I carry can get rather unwieldly (+200 pages). I place the documents inside a legal size vinyl folder. I use a red Binder clip for the wet copy, and a black Binder clip for the signer’s copy. This keeps them separated and I know which belongs to whom. If I have several engagements during a day I use separate vinyl folders and swap them out between signings. The catalog case lets me carry my notary tools, loose certificates, extra pens, etc

1 Like

I use the shipping envelopes w poly bags
I put client copy w rubber band inside one
And the prepped signing copy in another

2 Likes

I’ve used this same identical case for nearly two years and have been very happy with it.

2 Likes

If you go on Facebook Marketplace you can find some great deals on rolling laptops bags. I am always about saving money where you can.

As another option to what @Carmen_Lane showed I use these ones.

Redrope File Pockets, 3-1/2" Expansion, Tyvek Lined Gusset, Top Tab, Legal Size, 10/Box https://a.co/d/1IIYdqm

But I love her option too.

• Images

48.00 at Walmart.com. Will hold large letter/legal packages internally and has zippered pockets on the outside for pens your stamp etc.

Great question! Obviously, I have a rolling baag that I keep all of my essentials in as well as my loan docs. BUT I keep the load docs in these. I love them, they keep the docs dry, they come in letter and legal size, they look professional. I even left some for my local title office that I work directly for and when I show up to grab docs, they are in these plastic envelopes.

I love these. I’m ordering them now

@notary29 Yes, I often utilize these on days with inclement weather.

I purchase Legal Size expanding envelope with string at HALF the price on Amazon, Search for:

“24 Packs Plastic Envelopes with String Closure, Clear Poly Envelopes, Expanding File Folders Documents Paper Organizer Legal Size Office Supplies (Multicolor)”

NOTE: Holds up to 200 pages

:swan:

I use rubberbands and they work extremely well. I haven’t had any issues and they keep the documents together.

1 Like

I use the cardboard Fedex envelope Or UPS if it is too many pages for 1 I use 2 and ask for a second label. I will not use the plastic bags from either UPS or FEDEX as they have destroyed to many doc sets over the years.

The borrowers set, I print 2 pages per side and print 2 sided on letter this puts 4 pages on one sheet and takes a 200pg set to just 50pgs (added bonus my printer staples that set, or you will need a heavy duty stapler 65+ sheet).

I have been doing this for years 1000s of files, I have had 1 complaint from a customer but 99% actually really appreciate it as they can store it easier in their home. This practice also saves me money as I print the signed copy full size but reduce the borrower’s copy by 75% 150pgs @ .08 per page $12 saved. If you do work for Servicelink they only pay $12 for printing so this practice alone adds to my profit margin by $100s each month.

I use a large leather laptop bag similar to https://a.co/3lGpFU0

Half way through the 507 closings completed in 2020 I realized that it was critical to keep files separate as there there times I did 5 - 8 closings a day. My record was 12 in one day and I was fried at the end of the day. Title companies and notary placement firms will tell you of the horror stories of getting the wrong package or mixed documents.

I learned that the best way was to print the label first then grab the appropriate shipping envelope. I would then write the borrowers name on the bottom of the label. I would print the borrowers file in letter size without the notary fluff and included both in the envelope. This helped me to bring the right file into the closing and keep the correct documents in the return envelope even if I needed to scan them. This really improved my efficiency and helped to eliminate the “going to fast” mistakes.

1 Like

I am definitely keeping this tip in mind for the future! The amount of hassle this will save
 I can’t believe I didn’t think of this earlier.

I have had to carry around 200+ page documents before. It is unfortunate but you are correct, they are very difficult to handle. The catalog style case seems to be a popular choice that I will look into.

This is a new idea to me, I haven’t see anyone use poly bags yet but it is an interesting idea. I imagine that is pretty useful for rainy days.

These I imagine come in handy for those larger document sets that refuse to stay nice and neat. Thank you for the suggestion! As for facebook marketplace, I have used it in the past but for whatever reason it didn’t even cross my mind to check to see if anyone is selling a suitable bag there.

1 Like

Your referring to this item correct?: Robot or human?

This is a good economical option with a decent amount of good reviews. Good find!

A user named CAFRAN2 mentioned using poly bags. That was the first I had heard of using plastic document holders. But this link you sent is probably my favorite of the 2 plastic holder options on this thread so far. Reason being is that they offer a nice in between of the capacity the paper ones hold and the moisture protection the plastic ones offer. They also come in a higher count then the paper ones do for a lower price.