Celtic Signings (Dennis McGrath)

I did a Refi for Celtic Signings (Dennis McGrath) Cherry Hill, NJ in October and still trying to get paid. I’m wondering if anyone else has had any experience with him. Discovered he’s a one (1) man company. After numerous emails I finally was able to get him on the phone said he was at the table doing a closing and he would call me afterwards have not been able to contact him since. Have anyone else had any experience with this guy. Not looking good. any suggestions would be appreciated.

5 Likes

Tell him you will call the TC if payment isn’t received. Not that TC will do anything about it, but it usually motivates non-payers to pay up.
Sounds like another notary farming out work. Good luck.

1 Like

Hello Georgia,

I was alerted by one of our other Agents about your comment and as the owner of Celtic Signings I wanted to reach out to you to set the record straight quickly.

While I do operate the company with only a small team, I assure you that it would be impossible for me to do it alone. 2016 was a record shattering year for most of us in the industry. We were lucky see enough to add 7 new accounts in the 4th quarter that pushed our monthly volume far beyond what is normal for us. The truth is that I was reluctant to hire more staff out of the fear for the impact more interest rate increases would have on our industry. The result is that each member of my team was super stretched to accomplish more while ensuring that each assignment entrusted to us was completed successfully.

Your comment is a glaring example to me of an unacceptable break down in a key part of the process I have in place that requires my immediate attention. I assure you that if we missed getting you paid for your work it was not done intentionally. We respect each of our closing partners and would never knowingly not pay an Agent that did a good job for us.

Please accept my public apology and my personal committment to investigate your payment issue and get it resolved quickly. Not because of your comment but because it is simply the right thing to do.

Building a company is very much about the overall daily interactions we have with our clients, our vendors and each individual that we come in contact with along the way. As a small business owner I am committed to making it a positive experience each and every time. Thank you for showing me an area where we need to quickly improve in the new year.

If anyone ever has an issue you can call Eva, Lauren, Pat or Jim in the office at 856-424-9105 or I would welcome your call directly to my cell phone at 856-261-3494.

Respectfully,
Dennis McGrath
Owner
Celtic Signings, LLC

2 Likes

To me if this is what it takes to get your attention of non- payment then I felt I did the right thing along with three (3) invoices directly to you as well as a telephone to you which you stated you would contact me but you never did so what am I to think except you were trying not to honor your special instruction which literally states “Notary Compensation is due payable (30) thirty days” which is also my policy due to my expenses. I have been contacting you directly so I apologize if you take it to sound arrogant but I have been as business- like as I possibly can be except to take the next step.

3 Likes

I have done some business with Dennis and he is very busy, but he did pay within 45 days of closing. My advise is to call him early in the morning, which is what I believe the best time to catch him. I hope this was helpful.

1 Like

The problem with doing this in a public forum is that it makes us look guilty when we have done nothing wrong Georgia.

Your payment was processed by my book keeper and I personally sent out your full payment via Deluxe echeck on December 14th. The check number was 1148 and I just verified this with a representative from Deluxe that the check was processed through their system.

This is cut and pasted directly from the echeck website:
Recent Activity
Wednesday, December 14, 2016 at 8:13 PM - DENNIS MCGRATH signed this check
Wednesday, December 14, 2016 at 8:13 PM - DENNIS MCGRATH sent this check to banksmobilnotaryservices@gmail.com

At this point I think we should take this conversation private to respect your confidentiality. I once again invite you to contact me directly on my cell phone so we can work together to ensure that you find your payment.

2 Likes

I know Dennis very well and I am sure if you just call and speak to him or send him an email he will take care of an issues you have :o)
I have worked with Dennis for a very long time I am also a business owner Dineen M Iannice DMI Closings LLC

deenicci, let’s not get it twisted. “Reread” my post I never mentioned anything about his character. All of what you mentioned had been done. As we’re all Entrepreneurs and as being such I believe if there’s a problem, there is a resolution, first being “Communication.”

“Discipline yourself to do the things you need to do when you need to do them, and the day will come when you will be able to do the things you want to do when you want to do them!” ~ Zig Ziglar

2 Likes

This is a follow-up on my thread because I want my fellow entrepreneurs to tread carefully with Celtic Signings. I was paid for my services but only after I had my attorney contact him and the Contracting Lawyers Office; the Attorney’s Office that hired Celtic Signings paid me. Was a happy ending I hate it when I have to result to these measures and so did the other party but we will forever have a business relationship because of our integrity.

5 Likes

Dennis is a very slow to pay from my experience. Call him incessantly and don’t stop. He will eventually pay you.

I have been calling and leaving messages since August of 2016 and he never returns my calls. I would like to know how to collect my fee.

1 Like

Re-read my thread; but their are collection agencies that can handle this as well. Good Luck.

1 Like

Yes this company is a slow pay. Did a closing for them in March, up to now no payment.

1 Like

I too am appalled by this man’s failure to pay me. I completed a signing on December 31, 2016. Today is May 19, 2017 and I have yet to get paid. He is not honest either. I have sent several emails and left many several phone messages which have gone unanswered until he finally answered his phone on May 15, 2017. He maintained that he attempted to pay me since February, 2017 and payments were probably sent in spam. Thankfully, emails provide a history none of which were returned to me as not deliverable. He claimed that he was going to have my payment to me by 5:00 pm on 5/15/17 and have yet to receive my payment. He had the audacity to hang up when I insisted on asking him when could I expect payment. I have tried not to file a complaint against him but it’s almost six months later and I should not have to constantly call him to pay me. I warn anyone that he is not credible or trustworthy. I did another signing and did receive that payment, but he must be hoping I forgot about the payment in December, 2016. WRONG! IS HE GOING TO GET AWAY WITH NON-PAYMENT? NOPE.

2 Likes

I , too, have had the very same experience with Celtic signings but I just do not know how to get him to pay me for a large signing I completed 18 months ago. I have tried calling, email, but no response. Can anyone tell me how to go about receiving what is due to me?

1 Like

I had a bad experience with Celtic too. I don’t remember exactly how long it took for payment but it was many months. After messaging month after month through Snapdocs with no reply I started calling. I finally got an excuse that the reason I wasn’t paid is because they accidentally sent the payment to the wrong notary. There was no explanation of why my messages were never answered. Sometime later I finally received payment.
A year or two later I received a Snapdocs text for a Celtic job. I declined for “other” reason and wrote a message saying I would accept the job if paid up front. I then received a long butt-hurt message from the owner in the middle of the night, offended that I would hold an “honest” accounting mistake against him. He also said in the message he would pay me upfront for the new job but I never heard from him again. There is definitely an honesty problem at that company.

1 Like

Draft a letter to the Secretary of State in your state and include a copy to the SOS in his state. In the letter tell about the non-payment and ask the SOS to suspend his ability to do business in your state. Date the letter 2-5 days in advance and email him a copy of the letter with your promise to mail the letter to the SOS on the date mentioned in the letter.

You could also include copies to the Department of Regulatory Agencies (DORA) in both states.

Be specific on how you want to receive payment; PayPal would be my choice. State a deadline for the payment to be in your hand. FedEx Express would be another option with him paying the shipping fee.

4 Likes

I am glad that you stood up and did it in the forum. You called him and you were basically ignored. Its only when you bring it to the attention of the public that action was taken. Everyone else can say what ever they want to. You did not bash his character but you said the truth and did not back down. I am thankful that you did that

2 Likes

This letter really works!

2 Likes

They have a really bad reputation back to 2015 at the Notary Rotary forums for stiffing notaries out of pay. Very sad, being that he is a notary too and knows how important getting paid is. He should be reported to his State SOS first and foremost.