A Step Above signing Don’t do it!

This company is horrible! I did a signing for them back in the first week February. Signing went well and docs returned on time no issues. 2nd week of mark I sent an email to inquire about status of payment. She responded and said terms were met 45 days Ok fine, not thrilled about it but note to self. End of March still no payment. Sent another email. Said terms ere Business days and she could Venmo me the following week. Early April, stil no payment. No annoyed! Emailed her again then she tried to tell me She needs “proof and that she knows is he did mot assign the closing to me. Long story short, I sent her proof, but she was nasty and completely out of line with her innuendo and Accusations
I finally Got my money she owed me but I will NEVER do business with that company again!!

1 Like

Actually, it’s 45 business days, which equates to 60 days. I have recently done 2 jobs with the company, and since it was stated as 45 business days, I will wait until the 46th business day and inquire. The 1st one - I accepted because I wanted to give the company a try and was not able to access the deadbeat companies prior to accepting the job. On the 2nd one, I honestly did not see the company name until after I accepted it. Moving forward, I will make sure I don’t accept any offers from the company again.

2 Likes

First of all dont accuse me of making accusations or innuendos when it is not fact. i treat you exactly how i am treated, and yes before i reissue a payment i am going to verify that it is not cashed since there are a few notaries who cash check twice and i wont say any names because mistakes happen.

i can post a copy of your check showing everyone that it was paid and paid on time.

Did you mean to post to someone else’s statements?

First of all dont accuse me of making accusations or innuendos when it is not fact. i treat you exactly how i am treated, and yes before i reissue a payment i am going to verify that it is not cashed since there are a few notaries who cash check twice and i wont say any names because mistakes happen
[/quote]

It’s evident across the internet that this is an ongoing issue with payments from this company.
Like others I was told that a check was issued for a signing completed 6 months ago. I have not seen a check and still awaiting payment for wrhich I sent 3 emails and 6 text messages. Today’s text said check will be re-issued.

2 Likes

Been there, done that, I wouldn’t take an order from this woman if she had the last notary job on the planet. Chasing down payments is not my idea of fun at all, dealing with a liar even worse.

2 Likes

I want to share an experience I have had with A Step Above, who has changed their name to signing with Taltz. I did a signing in may and was never paid. I tried to get paid they said they tried to put the payment through and it did not go. After searching I found that many agents have been told the same thing. They promised to mail a check. It never happened. Then they said it was reissued and it was not. They do not always tell the truth. I checked the Better Business Bureau and there were numerous complaints about this. In Notary Cafe likewise. I would never take another signing with this company.

2 Likes

Update… A Step Above is no longer. I was told she is retiring and is settling accounts until she is fully retired … I have two orders that are not paid yet one will be 60 days Sept 2nd and the other I suppose will be late September possible Early Oct. I haven’t done the math yet. . I tried to email her and it bounced back. My fingers are crossed that I get payment for services rendered.

I received an email this morning telling me the check will be mailed to me and they gave a check number. I think it probably will come at least I hope so.