Borrowers copy of documents

Is it acceptable to print all the documents that you give to the homeowner/borrower, not the set you notarize and send in, on letter size paper if I set the page sizing option to “Fit” so nothing gets cutoff?

There are laws requiring certain text to be a certain minimum size. If you shrink it, the document may be invalid, or the office where it is to be recorded may reject it.

1 Like

I agree. With the set of documents that are being signed and notarized, I would print the correct paper size. I’m talking about the copy the you leave with the homeowner/borrower, not the signed one the you send back.

I don’t like to take chances, when I might need the borrower’s copy because borrower screwed up and I would need a replacement. If I do any different is to give borrower all pages same size, I give borrowers legal size, that’s a way that saves me time if I’m rushing.

2 Likes

Very good point. That answers my question. Thanks!

1 Like

In addition to the very valid points mentioned, there’s also the slight bit of psychological factor… I like showing the signer their copies at the start and telling them that absolutely every single page we are about to cover in summary form is included in their copy as well for them to read word-by-word or inquire about with their lender later (then we put their copy back in its envelope to avoid comingling).
Having their page sizes not match my set would require some extra explaining.

1 Like

Yes, I call it there 2nd chance lol