Brother Multitray printer woes

I haven’t had any issues so far.

Looks like MacBook and Brother printers are not compatibles. I’ve seeing people complaining about the same issue

Here what it do, and I do 6-12 signing per day.
Use the page splitter: http://www.a-pdf.com/page-size-split/
its free. It put a watermark on the first page, so just print the first letter & legal page from the original pdf, then print the reset from their respective size pdf’s.

I use old and very reliable HP 4000 & 4050.
Good luck!

2 Likes

Because it always jams at the same place I figure its in the doc that they send to you. Somehow.

It’s because Brother and Macs have an issue. I had the same problem, then my son figured it out. I have to run a virtual windows machine on the Mac through a program called Parallels. Then I run my business off of that program thus I’m working in a windows environment. It works fine then. It was driving us nuts trying to figure out what was up. The first two pages of legal would print fine then shift everything on the legal down thus cutting off pages.

1 Like

Yep, it’s all set up correctly. As was stated earlier, PC drivers work fine but on Mac it gets lost. Very frustrating, considering that Adobe was founded on Mac users.

Interesting. I tried that and didn’t have success. I’ll have to reinstall and try again.

I’m using the Acrobat Reader program but it opens in the virtual windows machine and prints from there. That’s the best way I can describe it. My downloads open default through Acrobat which is in parallels. Then I designate the HL5200 to be paired under the device tab to the windows machine. My son set it up for me, I’m computer inept, I can only do simple things.

Some questions to think about: Are you sure the printer (and your print settings in Acrobat) are set to auto-choose paper length? Does the printer know which size paper is in each tray? Has it ever worked right?

Are you using a Mac? Mac has issues with Adobe-Brother but I’ve solved most of them (get back to me for Mac solutions).

I brought this printer about a month a ago. I had the same issues. I had a tech reset the temperature on each tray and it slowed down the process a little, but it stopped the problem. It still prints quickly.

I have a HL6400 DWT and had the same issue. After spending hours on the phone with Brother and Adobe, I found that this is a known issue and there is no planned fix.
If you are using a Mac, first check to make sure you are using the right BR script. The only way I’ve gotten it to not shift the margins is to rotate the entire document by 180 degrees in Adobe (so it’s upside down) then print. Weird workaround, but it solved the issue for me. Hope that helps.

2 Likes

I have the same issue and Brothers answer was that I needed to fan out the paper. That has been done yet problem is still happening. My printer is 6 months old.

Are you using a Mac computer? If so, I had that problem and tried for over a year to resolve the issue and couldn’t. I finally purchased a Parallel’s program and installed it on my mac so I could print from Windows and no problems.

Yes to all of your questions, with a caveat. The specific issue is that, at some point during the printing process, the top margin of the legal sized documents get pushed down approximately an inch and a half, but only when printing a mixed document. Printing exclusively on legal paper produces no problems. I’d be happy to learn any Mac-Adobe fixes you’ve devised/come across.

Thank you…I’ll give that a shot and see what happens. Weird, but if it’s effective, that’s awesome.

Had to go through multiple levels of Adobe service to get this solution, finally got some Sr Tech genius who figured it out.

Go into Adobe and flip all the pages 180° and it prints everything like a charm. Works.every.single.time.

I also use Mac and Brother and this is the solution

2 Likes

I have a Brother HL5370DW duel tray and I do use Adobe for my PDF files. I have been using this printer for years now and never experienced the problem you are talking about. UNLESS the page is over size a little on the letter page. Then I either reduce the page font size or print to fit to correct that issue. Best printer I have had so far. I only print about 1000 pages per day of mixed letter and legal size.

Oh my God. This worked. How ridiculous; however, I’m happy that the fix was an easy one.

1 Like

This worked!!! Thank you very much!

Awesome! Best of luck to you!