Brother Multitray printer woes

There is a well-known problem with Mac-Acrobat-Brother not choosing the correct paper size. It seems to print on the default paper size even if the Acrobat flags say to base the paper size on the PDF page size. The solution to this is to use the generic PostScript driver (rather than the standard CUPS driver). The other common problem is that sometimes the tops or bottoms of some pages are lost. The answer to that problem is to flip all the pages upside down before you print. I have a document that describes these 2 fixes in detail, along with a test file to prove that things are working right. If you give me your email address, I can send it to you. One problem I haven’t solved yet is that sometimes some of the text on a page is replaced with small squares. I have no idea what causes that, but I can usually fix it by resetting the printer (and sometimes rebooting my Mac) and re-printing the bad pages. Anyway, If you want that document, just give me your email address and I’ll send it over.

1 Like

I have two brother printers-HL-L8360CDW with dual trays, and both do the same. Also, connected to mac book air laptop. The same meaning when receiving a mixed package the bottom of some pages either cut off the wording or the bar code(s) at the end of the document. Unfortunately, I’ve not found a solution to this growing issue either.
I’m not sold on either of these brother printers - also use a hp scanner (primarily for scanning only). I’ve not tested on this printer as the brother printers provide better flexibility for printing large docs.

To resolve the printing issue on a Mac using Adobe Acrobat or Reader:

1. Make sure you you have their right driver installed (BR-Script3).
  2. Turn all pages on the PDF file upside down (Shift + command + = )
  3. Make sure “Choose paper source by PDF page size” is checked.

Brother will not recognize they have an incompatibility issue with MAC computers. They ended up sending me a new printer with same issues. I ended up buying a cheap Windows laptop and have no issues.

I just tried the suggested steps above and that didn’t work (the margins are cut off at the top). What did you do to resolve the issue?

Good Evening
I would like to receive a copy. Please email to slusby01@gmail.com

I waisted so much paper trying to print correctly.

Thanks

So I am new at all this, but bought a Brothers HL-L6200DW to be able to print both legal and letter in one package. Have an iMac desktop. It was impossible to get it to work. Broke down and got a dedicated Windows laptop, printer works like a charm. Speaking with tech support with Brothers and Apple, they know it’s a problem, and basically have no plan to fix it in the near future, since most business platforms use Windows.

When its the same page, its usually a glitch in your document. I had one that was on page 25, so I printed pages 1-24, then pages 26-98 in that case. Page 25 sometimes will print single page, but in my case it was completely non essential so i let title know and that was that. For me i had a similar problem that said, “MP drawer empty”. Totally an error in the message, not in the printer. So, i handled it the same way.

Thank you, I’d like that. Please send the documents to jawixom@gmail.com when you get a moment.

I literally just flipped the document 180 degrees.

Yes, I normally check the PDF box and also the fit to page option and all barcodes are visible,

I have 2 Brother HL-L6200DWT that I had problems with printing the proper paper sizes and connecting with my upgraded wireless internet. Rather than mess around for half a day I contacted a local IT company and had a guy come out and show me the shortcuts to set up and trouble shoot the problems, 75 minutes and $125.00 later I was back in business with the knowhow to fix future problems. I could have spent half a day on youtube trying to figure it out but was working on making money instead. Sometimes you just need to spend some money so you can keep working.

1 Like

I have a MFC-L5700DW and have dad NO problems in almost 3 years.

You are suppose to rotate your documents in the PDF, flipping them upside and print.

On the Mac

At the top bar:

Click View
Click clockwise 2x
Document will be flip then print.

Good Morning John,

Thanks for the documents. I had the B3 script installed, I just needed to rotate the documents. Worked out just fine for my closing yesterday.

My issue was them printing about 3 inches from the top cutting of the bottom.

Thanks

I was dealing with this issue for a year!! Went through multiple printer and computers, on the phone with brother printer all the time.

I was told it is a problem with Adobe and instead of fixing it, they just suggest to turn the view of the doc upside down. So crazy! Glad you asked this question and got the correct answer here John!

I have a HP laptop, can’t afford an Apple.

Please share the fix.

Actually Fritz, I set my 62000DWT up by watching a video on youTube.

I’m about to do the same… hire someone or throw away my HP laptop and go to Verizon and get myself a new tablet or laptop. I will try hiring someone first.

I have the 5200DW with LT6500 dual tray. I cant seem to print more than 15 pages before the toner starts bleeding all over the page. I’ve replaced the toner and drum, wiped out the inside of the printer with dust free cloth. When I run the Drum Dot print report it comes out fine, no splotches or toner bleed! called Brother and they had me update the firmware which did nothing! Said it’s “probably an adobe issue” Its getting to the point that I cant accept any signings because the pages are so “dirty”.
Anyone else have this issue?