Disturbing Email from Professional Notary Services Inc

I did, I’m just saying that just because they are cutting staff doesn’t mean they are not busy. They are simply cutting “fat” to keep up with the current low demand while cleaning their staffing books at the same time (whether internal or external staff). My other point was that inventory of NSA’s dropped significantly because some don’t want to touch RON, whether its the cost behind it, being technologically fluent in it, IT requirements, or state restricted, etc. As stated in a previous post, been working with Amrock for 10 years and can count on one hand how many times I picked up their job through a SS Co. It’s not common on my end. They always contacted me directly through their APP or a phone call/text. Basically, from what I gather, if your not RON certified, Amrock is letting you go regardless of what side of their fence you are on, and I’m assuming that other companies following Amrocks path (reliance on RON) are going to do the same.

2 Likes

Thank you sir for thinking of me:)

During the slow time, the smart companies will send all the orders to their top notaries first to keep them around, otherwise those top notaries won’t stick around if they can’t make what they used to make:) wink wink

2 Likes

I was thinking about you, and had your best interests at heart. That is my prime intention here on the forum for all. And, yes, you are correct. But I think now with the current economy, they only have more incentive to hire those who will accept low offers, because there is more of them out there now who will accept, while cutting payroll at the same time. Besides, their expenses sky rocketed just like ours did, which only gives them even more incentive to push low offers and cut staff. The recent rush we experienced brought on a lot of new NSA’s trying to get established, and they will bite on the low ball offer, and they know that. But you also brought up an interesting point: “During the slow time, the smart companies will send all the orders to their top notaries first to keep them around, otherwise those top notaries won’t stick around if they can’t make what they used to make:)” If notaries don’t stick around in such a case, I can see why. Why do business with a company who only calls you when it’s convenient for them? Also, (sorry if I missed it), are you onboard with Amrock?

2 Likes

Yes I am. I’m not worry, they are one of the biggest and they will thrive and survive.

1 Like

I agree. They are one of the biggest out there, and if they fall, I think we got “bigger” things to worry about!

2 Likes

Yes sir, I told my husband that the day that I no longer get any business from Amrock/Rocket, I will quit NSA business and find something else to do like be a hydroponic farmer. I’m seriously looking into this:)

1 Like

That’s strange that they would end your contract as if you were an employee. You’re a contracted worker that they don’t have to promise hours or income to. I’m confused.

2 Likes

It is also strange that they did it with a phone call? Now that is strange because that would be unprofessional.

1 Like

I’ve heard that some notaries are scared to do RON due to some legal stuff, states laws etc. I wonder what that is all about??

Employees of a company (normally) don’t sign a contract. As you stated, they are guaranteed a schedule and pay. Only contractors (like us) sign contracts because we are not guaranteed anything. It states in their contract that they can let you go at will without notice. Most have this language in their contracts.

I don’t blame them! I would not do GNW via RON. I will only do real estate/mortgage loan closing for large Title Companies.

And no I will not be doing RON via other new companies or via Notaries/SS who decided to jump on the bandwagon and developed their own RON platforms to get other notaries to use! No thank you! Talk about liabilities!

2 Likes

Really? That’s interesting. So you feel like it could be fishy business with RON or something?

Oops. I never read just sign! :joy:

2 Likes

Regardless of how you take this, I can’t tell you how many jobs (in 10 years doing this) that I have done for under $100 with a zero error rate! I take such jobs that generate a profit based on location/assignment/doc count/prep time etc. My point, because someone is excepting a low ball offer doesn’t necessarily make them a crappy NSA. Just because one is looking to make those “6 figures per year” doesn’t make them a good NSA either!

5 Likes

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :crazy_face:
YARN | Did you read the fine print on this loan contract? | Family Guy (1999) - S03E10 Comedy | Video gifs by quotes | e5428d18 | 紗

1 Like

What fine print? :joy:……….

1 Like

100…well said! I have this same attitude. If I accept a $25 assignment, I will treat like it pays $125 or I shouldn’t accept it. No short cuts.

2 Likes

I’m gonna become a supersonic farmer. Or a hypochondriac farmer. Or a laconic farmer. Or a supercalifragilisticexpealidocious farmer.

Ahh, maybe I should be keep being the best darn notary in my one-half mile radius. :innocent:

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy: I want to be a hydroponic farmer!