Estate Planning

Dear Team,

I am based in Texas. Can someone please advise, on an Estate planning docs signing? This will be the first one for me. A lawyer is supposed to be present via Zoom. The client will have documents.
Are there any steps or information I should be familiar with/aware of ? How should I conduct myself ?
Thank you in advance.

Best Wishes,

Emile

Excellent preparatory query. These types of signings are quite straightforward, Emile.

In my direct experience over a number of years, most attorneys strongly desire to facilitate the entire process; i.e., want the Notary to be seen, but not heard. Of course, it’s their client & is understandable.

You’ll want to place them under oath [meet state requirements] if the attorney hasn’t already done so, have them log into your Notarial Journal [meet state requirements], and provide them with an appropriate writing utensil of the correct ink color [unless the attorney has already done so].

Normally, the certified notary signing agent [CNSA] role is as the lead/facilitator of the signing appointment; however, for the Estate Planning signing appointment it’s more of a ‘support’ or general Notary role.

1 Like

Good Morning cNsa5,

Thank you very much for the feedback and pertinent information.

Best Wishes,

Emile

1 Like

@Nsa5,

The signing well very and it was exactly as you stated/advised. Thank you again.

1 Like

Estate Planning signings are becoming a mainstay in my GNW. Continue to maintain the relationship with these lawyers as they can keep you busy. If the lawyer likes what you do, they’ll refer you to their colleagues.

@RiverpointeTax,

Thank you very much for this information. It is good to know.
Yesterday was my first one, but I hope to do more in the future.
Best Wishes

1 Like

Interesting. What was the pay for one/

@JohnM-FL,

Sorry for the delayed response. Got overtaken by so many things the last few days. The pay was $150.00 This was the first time for me , doing an Estate Planning signing. I hope it was a good rate , but was it was a good learning experience.
Best Wishes

Emile

2 Likes

I think you did fine. Sure beats $90 from an SS. :upside_down_face:

1 Like