Fingerprinting

Hi! I’m interested in ink fingerprinting. I live in Chicago and would love to know profitable it can be. Are there loan signing companies adding this service to provide us?

How profitable do you want it to be? Are you going to search for signing companies that provide it? Those are the questions of an entrepreneur.

1 Like

I would like it to be very profitable. I am currently starting to look for signing companies that provide this service. If you know of any, please let me know. I’d really appreciate it Thank you for responding!

@migdaliamk What you need to do is check your state agencies for their certification requirements. Then it’s up to you to get yourself set up and market your services to the public. Also trying to get “approved” with the various agencies that need fingerprints (many government entities accept fingerprints from only certain providers).

IOW - Signing Services are not going to send these people to you. And please don’t give them any more ideas about dipping into the notaries’ pockets.

Good luck if you choose to pursue this.

1 Like

I am a fairly new notary/loan signing agent hoping to add Ink fingerprinting to increase my revenue. Lot’s of things are new to me. I am so grateful for all the feedback. Thank you very much, Linda!

2 Likes

In my state fingerprinting was replaced by livescan about 15 years ago. Until then I had a pretty good business going. Fingerprinting takes skill and experience too, something that must be practiced until perfect. Unfortunately the DOJ or FBI will reject a poorly done card and that will require a do over at your expense. It’s a dirty, highly personal service that most people don’t care to do.
If I haven’t discouraged you yet, then I suggest you purchase a PERFECT PRINT STANDARD FINGERPRINT KIT from forensicsource.com along with 500 cards and practice on
everyone you know before you start advertising.

2 Likes

Thanks Joe! I have gotten some real good feedback from everyone that has responded. You mentioned that it’s a “dirty, highly personal service”. What do you mean exactly?

Answer. It’s a dirty job. Ink and persperation, your literally “dancing” with the client. You will want to wear surgical gloves and a mask when you’re rolling a set of prints.

2 Likes