Flash Run Websites Will Expire 12/31/2020 in Browsers Per Adobe Announcement

I saw a message pop up on my computer that Adobe is terminating support for its Flash player at the end of this year. This translates to certain popular browsers will no longer show such websites. What this means is all flash based websites need to be rebuilt using HTML5 that’s the goal of the industry to convert over to.

" Adobe will end support of Flash Player on December 31, 2020. Here’s what you can expect in the meantime for each Microsoft browser: In the next version of Microsoft Edge (built on Chromium), Flash will be disabled by default. However, users may re-enable it on a site-by-site basis."

Firefox will also be a problem for flash sites.

Weebly is what I’ve used for many years and will no longer be feasible to provide its services. I haven’t heard anything yet about what their company will do with this problem likely because they want to continue to take in money for their services.

It seems it’s best to begin planning for a new website design and search for options. I don’t depend that much on my website as a marketing tool, just as a credibility tool for people to confirm details.

For a sample of a flash site, feel free to visit mine at www.nobhillnotary.com

2 Likes

December 2020 Adobe change posted universally this week. My son works for Microsoft and they foresee a large confusion with change. I wonder how this change will effect downloading documents from other Notary Contractors, etc. Another item to add to 2020 really sucks category.

2 Likes

I heard there’s html5 sites that look like Flash but aren’t. Most are converted already to HTML5 I heard. You can tell by removing ADOBE Flash from your desktop and see if your site still works.

1 Like

There are so many variables happening Jan 2021. Microsoft software is supposed to be taking over Flash drops off. Pdf’s will still work and Adobe will still be around but software companies are not playing nice with other software companies. We will still have some hiccups in the new year. Suggest you backup your computers to an external hard drive if you don’t already perform this activity.

1 Like

Random, off-topic thought…flash player has been around a looong time…and, poof, gone. Just wonder if, some time in the future, all those RON sites storing all the videos, etc… go poof, too. Technology does change, doesn’t it, tho’?

1 Like