Florida Warranty Deed: What goes here?

Hello everyone! I’m a Texas notary with a Florida warranty deed to complete. I’ve searched Florida’s Governors Notary Manual & still couldn’t find the answer. What goes in the blank between ‘a_____ person’ ?

On this _ day__ 2022, by (signers name), a ______ person whose address ….

Thank You for responding.

(CA) If you don’t get an authoritative response, it may be helpful to call the title company involved and ask them. I’d be curious as to the answer so please post it when you learn what to do. Thanx!

2 Likes

I’d say they’re looking for " a married person" or “a single person”

Your best bet? Attach a Texas-comp!iant cert

5 Likes

I’ll be calling the title company bright and early. I’ve read the Florida Governors Notary Manual & asked a Florida notary, still haven’t found an answer. I’ll come back & post the response from title.

1 Like

(CA) Now there’s a good answer :grinning:

(I’ve got four jokes I can’t use here)

You have not given enough context to tell whether “On this _ day__ 2022, by (signers name), a ______ person whose address” is part of the document or part of the notarial certificate.

If it’s part of the document, you can use whatever answer you get from the title company. If it’s part of the notarial certificate, you will have to decide if what title wants you to write fulfills the requirements for a Texas notary certificate.

In case you don’t have the materials sent to you when you received your notary commission it is now available on the Texas SOS website. At the end of this web page there is a link to download a PDF with sample certificates.

The short quote you gave in the original post hints the notarial certificate would have you certifying the signer’s marital status and address. I wouldn’t want to certify what a person’s marital status or address is.

1 Like

The short quote is the opening statement on a Florida Warranty Deed…not the notarial cert.

2 Likes

Linda, you are correct. I spoke with the title company and they verified the marital status is needed. Thanks for responding.

1 Like

The marital status is what’s needed.

1 Like

And THAT info should have already been in there - someone at title goofed up big-time.

Glad you got it clarified. Thanks for updating.

3 Likes

(CA) Thanks for letting us know. It is helpful :wink:

1 Like

You are dangerously treading water asking individuals within a community whom you don’t know. Remember the liability will fall on you and not them.

1 Like

Hi! Info28. I ask information all the time. Isnt that what we are about as a community? Theres plenty of folks here who can correct.

3 Likes

Hi ! I hope u found your answer! Dont be discouraged by info guy. This is what community is about!! I always call the NNA hotline.myself​:innocent::pray:

2 Likes

It’s okay, to trend the group regarding information. But before this information is used perform your due diligence to the validity of such information. You are asking people on a public forum across the US who notary laws are not the same nor equal to your state. I am not bashing and I am simplying trying to aid you before you have problems.

Do you practice law or notary law.

True. But please don’t underestimate the validity of the knowledge base of the veteran notaries on this site.

Continue to play Russian Roulette with your business. I advise you to get a state specific mentor. Be Bless!

1 Like

Hello, I did find the answer. Thank you

HI
see example below between the **** its what ever the persons status is. ----Single. married, husband & wife etc,
This WARRANTY DEED, dated May 3, 2022 by (name of person you are notarizing) **A single OR ** husband and wife, whose post office address is
hereinafter called the GRANTOR, to ------ and ------, husband and
wife, OR SINGLE, WIDOWED WHAT EVER THE PERSONS STATUS IS
(Wherever used herein the terms “Grantor” and “Grantee” shall include all parties to this
instrument and the heirs, legal representatives and assigns of individuals, and the successors and
assigns of corporations.)

1 Like