⭐ IMPORTANT STEP: Ensuring the Reputation of your Business by Obtaining A Receipt for Each Package

The postal store I use for dropping off FedEx packages does not provide receipts. I would have to drive to the actual FedEx store which is miles away. I’ve had several signing services ask for a receipt and I tell them it’s not possible, and they don’t object. I always check the FedEx tracking soon after their pickup and haven’t had any problems.

@paul.jasmine.notary Thank you for your perspective. Of course, it’s up to you, as the business owner, to determine the amount of risk that you’re willing to bear in regard a critical element in the chain-of-custody regarding the executed docs.

There are MANY who have found themselves in a serious battle, when they’ve utilized a drop box or an “Authorized Location” that doesn’t provide receipts nor scan in the package.

Please Reference the following for a few of the precarious experiences:

From many fellow professional signing agents [PSAs] as well as in my direct experience, the small amount of additional expense for traveling a few additional miles is well worth the peace of mind afforded by taking that extra step to ensure that a receipt & package scan in are accomplished.

:swan:

@Pkunotary Welcome to the Notary Cafe forum! :sparkles: This thread may be a helpful to you as a newbie/New Notary Cafe member.

I’ve also linked another thread that will be helpful, too!

@carmela.p.notary Welcome to the Notary Cafe forum! :sparkles: This thread may be a helpful to you as a newbie/New Notary Cafe member. I’ve also linked another thread that will be helpful, too!

Here are two additional helpful threads:

@rfoussadier92 Welcome to the Notary Cafe forum! :sparkles: This thread may be a helpful to you as a newbie/New Notary Cafe member.

I’ve also linked another thread that you may find helpful, too!

@Windchime71 Welcome to the Notary Cafe forum! :sparkles: This thread may be a helpful to you as a newbie/New Notary Cafe member.

======

@NLnotaryanddocs Welcome to the Notary Cafe forum! :sparkles: This thread may be a helpful to you as a newbie/New Notary Cafe member.

======

Please start at the top of this thread for informative & helpful information:

1 Like

@Info15 Welcome to the Notary Cafe forum! This thread will provide you with helpful information as a newbie/New Notary Cafe member & “new” to this business sector.

======

@bshepherd Welcome to the Notary Cafe forum! This thread will provide you with helpful information as a newbie/New Notary Cafe member & “new” to this business sector.

======

@JanaDrury Welcome to the Notary Cafe forum! This thread will provide you with helpful information as a newbie/New Notary Cafe member & “new” to this business sector.

======

@kb.leray Welcome to the Notary Cafe forum! :sparkles: This thread may prove to be a helpful one to you considering you’re a new Notary Cafe member.

======

@Ina.Ramos Welcome to the Notary Cafe forum! :sparkles: This thread may prove to be a helpful one to you considering you’re a new Notary Cafe member.

======

@exousianotary Welcome to the Notary Cafe forum! :sparkles: This thread may prove to be a helpful one to you considering you’re a new Notary Cafe member.

======

That is one of my worries with so much happening that a package will get lost or who knows what can happen after you ship it.

1 Like

@irina Yes! It certainly is a major concern for a responsible business owner. Amazing how much peace of mind a package receipt can provide! :sparkles::palm_tree:

@vwuhomes Welcome to the Notary Cafe forum! :sparkles: This thread may be insightful/helpful for you!

NOTE: Please begin at the TOP of this thread:

======

@trmnla Welcome to the Notary Cafe forum! :sparkles: This thread may be insightful/helpful for you!

======

@HEATHERLEEHENRY Welcome to the Notary Cafe forum! :sparkles: As you’re a new NP, this thread may be insightful/helpful for you! Also, very glad to see that you’re cognizant of and are utilizing the Search Function for Research to increase your knowledge base. :sparkles::sweat_drops::crown:

======

@sedalegroup Welcome to the Notary Cafe forum! :sparkles: As you’re a new NP, this thread may be insightful/helpful for you! Also, very glad to see that you’re cognizant of and are utilizing the Search Function for Research to increase your knowledge base. :sparkles::sweat_drops::crown:

======

Too many posts to go through, so If not mentioned before. I insist on getting a receipt showing the tracking number of each package dropped. They are saved in my expense receipts so that I can back up any additional miles taken for package dropoffs in case of an audit.

1 Like