Jeremy of 123 Notary

Continuing the discussion from 123 Notary Removal:

Good morning guys,

Well once again I’m on the war path I’m not there very often but here we go.

Yesterday Sunday 7/8/2018 around 130 I get a call from Jeremy of 123 Notary asking me if he could ask me a question. It was too loud and I couldn’t hear him, so I asked him repeat who he said he was and the reason for the call. He rudely responded. He stated that he was Jeremy of 123 Notary and that he calls his notaries at random to ask a pop quiz question and if I had time to answer some questions.

I told him no that I don’t conduct business on Sundays. He hung up and I’m guessing at that moment deleted my profile.

I sent him an email this morning requesting that he permanently delete my profile.

1 Like

That is so funny, he sent me a quiz and I took and I think I got two wrong out of ten, but they were attorney questions, which I felt, if I answered them correctly, that would be a problem, cause I would be overstepping what a mobile notaries duties are anyway. lol

He is a funny guy, I don’t get work from him and it’s ok.

Your not alone,

Notary in NJ

Change.org petition to shut down 123Notary

Surprised more people have not signed this persons petition.

1 Like

This is Penny - I am a Georgia Mobile Notary. Perhaps Jeremy comes on a bit too strong, but he feels deeply that the notaries on his site should absolutely be more responsible and knowledgeable about all things relating to notary work and signing agent work. The 123Notary site is beautifully put together, topic and information centered, and was designed and created by Jeremy, who definitely pays attention to detail. I cannot imagine being able to mastermind such a vast and informative site, and I appreciate all the positives that Jeremy does (and Carmen). Keep in mind that, generally speaking, when someone wants a notary quickly they go to Jeremy’s 123Notary site first for a detailed and comprehensive listing of notaries. I love Notary Café, but I do not get very many referrals from this site, but I do get steady referrals from 123Notary. Just saying! 7-12-2018

I second Penny. I never got any business , while being a paid member of NotaryCafe.

Notary Cafe has the best and most responsive notary forum. However I have gotten a lot of direct title companies calling me from 123notary.com and i have been paid well and fast. Imagine $150, 200 or even $300 for closings. Even signing companies that looked me up in 123notary , have paid me $125 or $150. I really have NO COMPLAINT against this

Such is the SEO ranking that people looking for a notary see 123notary.com popup.

Jeremy did call me and twice , I was not able to answer his call and told him I am buzy and that he call back. He did.
I took his call, and we spoke on few basics of notary’s responsibilities and things that shows a notary is doing the right thing. I also asked him why he is doing this & he exactly stated me his valid reason and concerns about notaries.

Nothing wrong in one wanting to cleanup their database of notaries who dont know a lot and commit very basic errors.
Would you imagine , if you went to Angie’s List and called a few contractors and had even 1 bad experience. You would never go back.

Understand this. Put your egos aside, If you are buzy, tell politely that you are unable to. It might seem an affront to your ego and expertise. We all have our moments.

There is nothing illegal about this… Why the change.org petition to shut down a perfectly legal business that is attempting to achieve perfection in their notary list.

Many states, there is really NO education or IQ bar on becoming a notary. So… I don’t see any big issue in this.

This is really un-necessary . Just think !!!

Why is it un-necessary? I do not condemn the petition nor condone it. I found it on another website and shared it. Just think?? How would you feel if you paid for a service, to be listed on a site, only to be removed with no refund? I cannot blame people for getting annoyed at the practices of a business that does that. Agreed that many states to not require a test so maybe they need to test first …take money later. Never gave him a dime, almost did …happy I didn’t after reading the posts.

1 Like

That not the purpose of the site.
Individual cases more of breach of contract or breach of service terms and do not fit Change.Org.
That is a privately run website, for a few group of people called notaries.
So, that why.

All good. You are entitled to your opinion as I am to mine. NYS gave me an exam, I passed and do not need to take one from a private site. No need to be condescending Narayan. We can agree to disagree.

If you felt condenscension, that’s your opinion.
I am merely stating a fact.
Congratulations on passing your NYS State notary exam. Many states do not have an exam and a lot of people get certified as notaries & start making colossal mistakes and do illegal & stupid things.

Doing something wrong many times over does not make it right & does NOT become the new norm.

Jeremy of 123notary is trying to eliminate such people and keep the database to quality notaries.

Yeah, I may not like the personality or the tone of the caller, but if I just look at the objective I agree.

Like I said I made a lot of money from people finding me on that site.

So is it worth sucking up my ego and my pride and keeping it zipped and answer Jeremy’s questions.
Hell yeah!!!

So before you rush to judgment because you saw something somewhere, or believe something someone said about it, feel and experience the joy of making good money from callers who use that website.

I wish you good luck and wish you make good money.

PS: A notary is considered a public official and should disclose their name and not have some handle for a name.

Not looking to argue or debate. Thank you and best of luck to you as well.

1 Like

Wow what a can of worms I opened up.

I personally have been in the business since 2003. I have never had a title company or signing agency call me and start quizzing me on my notarial skills. And they are the ones I get a chunk of my monies. I have been sent training material and have taken the quizzes at the end of those training videos. I don’t mind doing them because it lets them know that I know what I’m doing, and I get to improve my skills so that I can be the best Notary I can for myself and my own personal growth.

I will not however take a random quiz from a rude person who knows nothing about the business nor hasn’t been a notary him/herself.

I pay for advertising not to be quizzed and judged on if I’m good enough to be on your site.
Since I didn’t have time for him and he deleted me that was fine by me, because in 16 years I haven’t received one piece of business from his site, so to me it’s a waste of my good hard earned money.

I do however get calls from other advertising notary sites and will continue to have my profile on those.

@Narayan I’m glad your experience with Jeremy is a good one and hope that it continues to be in the future. You are of the minority while the rest of us are of the majority.

1 Like

Recently another title company found me on 123notary.
They offered to pay me $200 per signing and I am getting steady work from them.
Another company has a requirement , that I pick package/ checks from them. I charge $250 per signing. Whats even best, they include checks for me to write my fees once the purchase is funded and funds ready to disburse.

Another time, another title company called me to do commercial closings. 45 million, half a day. At the end of that, they cut me a check of $650 for the entire closing. … SO FOLKS, DONT get your panties twisted in bunch because of a phone call giving you a notary quizz. … Suck it up , Its worth getting business leads from 123notary.com

I think Jeremy is just looking out for his business by having the best people on board. He wants to guide us and assist us with questions we may have and provide training to help us which will in turn help him… Even though he may come off as rude or arrogant, his intentions are to help us! I think we should be open to the help and constructive criticism and do the tips that he suggests! He gives good pointers about improving your bio also which will help bring you more business. I appreciate any tips and help that I can get along the way and he seems to have good knowledge of this business,

Same pop quiz while driving and caught off guard. I have been doing this for several years now and have filled out hundreds of oaths and acknowledgements but my days of commiting things to memory stopped after the table of elements in High School chemistry! Sorry, but life is too short. Do I know what the words mean? YES. Do I know how to correctly execute the form? YES. Have I committed the wording to memory? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. NOPE! Sorry, Jeremy. You just lost a great notary!

I like what Notary Narayan has to say if Jeremy calls or emails me well he is just watching our back he wants us to succeed in our profession so that we do not make mistakes and get the headache to visit the court system where our precious time and money will be spent when your pencil goes dull you sharpen it same way Jeremy is just sharpening your skills people who do not like his way of working can disengage from his website

So you’re okay with having to pass a test based only on California law? If you’re from CA that’s all well and good but those of us in other states don’t appreciate that. Our own state laws cover us, not CA, and he has stated he will not tailor his “quiz” to each state - and has unfairly failed notaries as a result. Nor do we appreciate his infringement on our personal time. his bullying and his random removal of notaries from his site who have paid good money for their listing - with no refund.

And oh, by the way…Jeremy is neither a certified notary instructor nor a notary,

But hey…you’re okay with that…smh

No he doesn’t hire - he lists your name and info - just like here…he does NOT hire.

but signing companies do look at the site well if I were you I will not put any negative remark for anyone because you never know who is on the website also which state are you from if I get request will make sure not to contact you

No need to be concerned about contacting me - I’m in Florida but am no longer doing loan signings. Thank you though.