Lexmark MX421ade and MacBook Air

I have been a notary signing agent for a year. I’ve done nearly 200 signings. I have a Brother MFC-L3770CDW, a Brother HL-L2300D (mobile/portable), and a Lexmark MX421ade w 2 trays. I thought the Lexmark would print mixed sizes w/o difficulty. I have yet to be successful. I have spent hour w Lexmark tech support, Adobe support, and Apple support. Can anyone help?

Additionally, I keep getting a debug error code on the Lexmark 900.001( I think), I know the code means a communication problem between printer and computer. Lexmark techs have not gotten rid of the problem just told me I hadn’t kept the print driver software up-to-date. ( after the last so called fix, it did it again that evening when tech support was closed.)

Can anyone help w these issues?

Apple (Macs) simply do not play well with Adobe. The only thing I’ve ever heard that helped is to install Windows on the Mac. How one has 2 operating systems, I do not know (or even understand).

2 Likes

Arichter, Thank you for replying to this, I actually gave up trying to use my Mac to print and haven’t heard of this workaround once. So thank you, I may give this a try instead of using two different computers for my business…super frustrating to say the least.

1 Like

Arichter, thank you! I was hoping that wasn’t the issue. But I think you are right. I bought my MacBook not knowing this :confused: I appreciate the time and experience you put into answering questions on NC. You are a wealth of knowledge and support!:grin: