Looking For Advice

Hi coralynette,

You’re very welcome! Please let us know how it goes.

1 Like

I am a relative new notary loan signing agent.(February, 2021) I have had one successful loan signing.
I would love a mentor. I live in Calera, Al. Open for suggestions.

I just signed up with signingorder and finding those hard to catch. I’ve gotten quite a few from snap docs. Hopefully I can catch one from signingorder soon.

That’s amazing information! I wonder if I could get you to check mines out😊

1 Like

If you sign up with Notary Stars, they have all the videos you will ever need concerning every type of signing there is. They also have live zoom meetings that help answer any question you have. I pay $25.00 a month, well worth it.

Hello! Your profile and pic in Notary Cafe are look great. Very professional to me, Kecia. However you may want to add your Notary Cafe profile photo to your SigningAgent profile as well.

To edit your Signing Agent profile, login to your NNA profile https://www.nationalnotary.org/my-nna/my-nsa-profile/nsa-connection. I know that sounds a little strange, but that’s the way it works. If you are unsure how to add a photo to the NNA profile, just give NNA a call and they can walk you through it step by step.

When you list yourself on a notary website, try logging out and perform searches to see what potential hiring companies will see when they look for you. Try doing searches by your name, by your ZIP code, and by your city to see what search results will yield. Do this for SigningAgent.com, NotaryCafe.com, and any other site you have listed yourself.

And do internet searches too. Google “notary signing agents in tulsa oklahoma” (and other search engines) to see how easy or how difficult it is for you to be found online.

If you are not as busy as you would like to be, maybe consider increasing signing agent E&O coverage (some hiring companies require 100k coverage) and/or expanding outside of Osage, Rogers, Tulsa, Wagoner counties. If you are willing to travel farther, be sure to take any extra travel into account when you give your quotes.

Lots of notary signing agents in this Notary Cafe forum have chimed in about recommended E&O coverage amounts. It’s smart to read the different points of view and see what might be helpful for you. It’s good to seek specific input from fellow notary signing agents in your area. I hope someone from Oklahoma pipes up.

You may want to reach out directly to some of those hiring companies to ask what $ amount lenders or title companies require for signing agents they hire. Then go from there.

Please do not interpret any of this as me saying that you “MUST” do anything at all. These are just suggestions to consider.

Wishing you the best.

3 Likes

I started in January 2021, and I have close to 250 successful loan signings. I’m always happy to help if I can. The key for me was just contacting every possible signing service and title company (signing services only until I had maybe 50 signings) that could give me signings. You can always say no, or ignore the notification. I hope that helps.

1 Like

I think that may vary from area to area, and over time. I used to get the most from Signing Order, second most from The Closing Exchange, and the least from Snapdocs. Now, I get the most from The Closing Exchange (but most of those are too far for me), the next most from Snapdocs, and the fewest from Signing Order. I know with Snapdocs, the more Snapdocs orders you do, the more visible you become on the platform, which has certainly been the case for me.

1 Like

So very helpful! Thank You :blush:

2 Likes

God bless you! If you dont mind me asking, what state are you in? I’m in NJ and just starting out and im lucky if i can even get a signing, im always too late even if i have my phone in my hand when the text comes through.

Hang in there, it can take a little while to receive continuous work, Patience is vital. Don’t let anyon tell you to refuse “low ball” offers. You run your business as you see fit just be patient. You may have to take a few low rate offers to gain the experience, most of us have though many won’t admit it.

Hello and good evening,
I happened to Google something about edocs and this thread popped up. I read many of the entries. I’m glad I came across this one. The “eDocs” and E&O statement just through me for a loop. I’m so glad I read this through…you actually helped in a few questions…

I’ll contact the company I got my $25k from and see if I can upgrade. The eDocs…THANK YOU!!!

1 Like

WONDERFUL! It’s is the hope and dream of forums like this: to seek advice when we need it and to offer it when we can😊

Well…I plan to ask A LOT of questions. I hope everyone is ready for me. LOL

P.S. I just emailed the company I purchased my E&O from. I am hoping for a response by tomorrow.

1 Like

Asking questions is good. It’s how I learn too. Welcome to Notary Cafe! Keep going like you are – searching and reading through threads. It’s a gold mine.

1 Like

Hello everyone… I’m new to the forum and I truly appreciate you all for sharing great knowledge. I signed up with over 15 SS and nothing yet, I was receiving notification from one but they too have stop. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

You need more than 15 companies…sign up with 15 per day maybe, but you should be signing up with a lot more than fifteen in order to have a chance.

Find the thread here… “Best Signing Companies”… posted by folks who have worked with them…and take it from there

Good Luck

1 Like

Thank you… I will do just that.

Also, take another look at your Notary Signing Agent E&O amount. 25k is not sufficient for many hiring companies. You could contact your insurance provider and see what your options are to increase.

1 Like

I don’t know how other Signing Agents do it but I cannot handle working with too many companies like that. That would be a major distraction and would drive me crazy! 😵‍💫😱My brain can’t keep track of all the orders coming in at the same and trying to juggle who I want to help and who I decline, etc. Nope. No can do! I only have my profile on 8 places max but can only take orders from 3 companies, sometimes 4 if slow.

1 Like