Meeting people at packed restuarants

that’s rough. Did anyone start singing sea shanties LOL

Starbucks encourages the use of their inside locations for business meetings - they feel it builds a good community relationship to help small businesses with a clean, safe location to meet.

1 Like

Look for a different Starbucks location, Linda. Many of the larger storefronts have roomy tables to accommodate four people, and often have long tables that will hold eight or twelve.

Here in the heart of 'Bucksville, there is no shortage of 'Bucks of every shape and size. If one doesn’t fit the need, I drive a couple of blocks to the next one.

I actually had the manager of a Burger King come over to our table during a signing and told us we can’t sit at a table if we didn’t buy food. The restaurant was not busy with many empty tables. So we ordered a coffee. After the signing I promptly called Burger King’s customer service to file a complaint about the manager.

1 Like

The Manager did the right thing, He’s running a business dedicated to sell food and you are using the facilities for free? without asking his permission to use the space? come on!

1 Like

I guess you could see it that way, but I was hired by a company to meet somebody at a location that the company who hired me chose. I didn’t choose to meet there. Everyone has a right to their own opinion though.

Then I would have cleared it with the establishment prior to the appointment - get the chance to clear with the manager and make sure it’s okay. If not, then the manager’s concerns could be relayed to hiring party and another location chosen.

JMO

2 Likes

Why would you do that? They’re there to sell food not sign documents. Signing documents doesn’t pay their bills. That wasn’t nice. Next time, take them to your office or house. I do that sometimes.

You are welcome to your opinion and you are welcome to take people to your home. I won’t be doing that for many reasons Thank you for your input

3 Likes

You got through it. Good for you :wink: I would have complained to whoever asked to meet at Burger King. I much prefer coffee shops.
I’m not a big fan of most Coney Islands either.

I’ve had that happen a time or two. Not only is it more difficult for you to do your signing, possibly limited space but I think it is very rude for them to order food while they should be concentrating on the legal documents they are signing. C’mon they can’t take a few minutes to sign their own documents? It’s also disrespectful of your time.