Mystery 11th Hour Signing Company - is there a couple

A couple of days ago, I had a signing from the company that I usually work for. I went to the borrower’s home and did the signing and everything was fine. I had already scanned the critical documents and emailed them to my company. The signing was at 11:00 a.m.

About 1/2 hour after I finished the signing, I got a call from my borrower saying that a notary called him to confirm his signing for 3:00 p.m. And he said that he already did the signing. She was adamant and said she was the notary and she had a signing for Mr. and Mrs. Jones (not the real name - but she did say the correct name… My borrower let he know in no uncertain terms, that he already signed. And then the borrower hung up. My borrower didn’t know how they had his telephone number and name of his wife.

I had this circumstances maybe about a year ago. Of course, I have had it where a mistake was made by the company. And I have experienced that - where they come 5 minutes after I’m at the table, and then apologize and leave.

So I am wondering whether there’s a company out there that gives signings out on the pretext that they weren’t done - like an 11th Hour kind of thing that; or that gathers information from a mystery signing company.

1 Like

More likely that the left hand didn’t know what the right hand was doing. Also sometimes Title will give it to more than one SS…that’s always fun.

2 Likes